1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If I use Shadow Keeper to increase Gamespeed is it considered cheating?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by NAZAR, Jul 26, 2001.

1. NAZAR Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I Personally hate cheaters and don't cheat myself. However what if I use Shadowkeeper to increase the speed of my charachters? The AI speed is adjustable. I don't think it's cheatng because it turns up the speed of the AI for evryone and not just your party.
    Please help. As playing at the speed I am playing at now is just getting boring. My main PC has the Boots of speed while the rest of the party has to walk barefoot. PS I am not planninhg to run away from my enemies.

2. Hayashi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Nazar
    It's YOUR game, YOU play it the way that gives you most fun.

3. saukoon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

the defination of 'cheating' is quite subjective. I agree that you play the game the way you like it.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

you can increase the framerate in the config, so everything will run faster, I did, and I love it :)

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I agree to Hayashi ... basically: Yes, it is your game - play as you like.

But think about it - when you (without beeing a barbarian or a monk and without the aid of the haste spells/ oils) move faster than your average enemy and therefore can easier escape their attacks or attack faster than they do - how fair and ballanced is that?

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I see the point as to why this is mild "cheating". I honestly wish there were a way to walk faster (so you can run back and forth through town) without it effecting combat. In the Arena games, you can hold shift and "run" through dungeons. A feature like that would save me countless moments of watching the little green circle wander from the inn to the gate to the temple to the manor. It all makes you wish you could just hit CTRL+J and teleport or something! ;)

7. The Sly One Banned

Cheating is for losers!

[OK, this had better be the last one of these out of you for a long, long time. The only thing saving you is your newness and the fact that all these corpses were raised within minutes of eachother - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 25, 2002).]

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The 60 updates/sec is very nice, if you have a machine that can handle it. I have a Tbird 1.4ghz, and I can tell it skips a frame fairly often in Iwd and Bg2 with the nodes set to 32000. Setting the nodes at 400k and 60fps would make the game unplayable, so you have to balance the two.

The increased walking speed (via SK) is nice for those areas where you have to backtrack through a maze, and there's no enemies. Like all those Underdark missions.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.