1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If made, where should BG3 be set?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Drizzt_the_Drow, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Drizzt_the_Drow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I know that BG3 is doubtful due to Bioware's commitments to Neverwinter Nights and Knights of the Old Republic, but if a third were to be developed, where would you like it to be set. My vote goes to Waterdeep. Or maybe even Maztica. What do others think?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] BG3?

I pray it rots!

I want Torn! Mommy, there are not nice persons here...

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

why not call it waterdeep then? I mean, c'mon, BG actually stands for Baldur's Gate, you know that big city on the sword coast ;)

if it hasn't anything to do with baldurs gate, call it something else.

though for another game on the same engine, hmm, I say waterdeep could be pretty interesting

4. Well . . . there wouldn't BE a BG3, since the Bhaalspawn saga ends in ToB, the expansion pack to SoA.
    However, if it didn't end, I suspect it would take place in Calimshan. The BG series seem to head south: Baldur's Gate to Amn to Tethyr, and Calimshan is right south of Tethyr.

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

Lokken,

Then why not call SoA Athkatla or Amn? Or call ToB Tethyr? The first game was named after Baldur's Gate so the sequel would be called BG2. Unless it was a different game, not a sequel it wouldn't change in name.

6. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Baldur's Gate Three: Bhaal's Return

It's the 24th Century, in a land where Magic and Technology have met. A scientist working with a Mage uncovers a magical Artifact from eons ago. Studying it, they accidentally ressurect Bhaal, the God of Murder (Can we say D'oh!). Now you, and a band of mercanaries must hunt down and Destroy Bhaal, once and for all.

7. Lord Sarevok Guest

Sounds too much like Diablo heh heh.

8. comicspaul Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I am still waiting for a rpg of Baldur's Gate II caliber to be set in the Ravenloft setting....Maybe its just my love of old Horror films.
    Is the Ravenloft setting still going?....I still have all the bumpf from the 2nd edition Rules....just curious is all

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Not exactly officialy supported, but WOTC allowed the fans to take over. They put a Ravenloft 3e manual out not long ago. It's listed among the rest at http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index_man.php

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 30, 2001).]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  10. Rellik Gems: 1/31

if there was a BG3 it could not and should not continue with your old character. anything over level 30 is just... dumb. It would be fun to start from 1 again... maybe as the son/daughter of your main char.

11. Lord Sarevok Guest

Heh, sounds like Fallout 2. But I think you were the the Grandson/Granddaughter in that.

12. Alith Anar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Observant players will have noted the hints at the "adventures of the child of <charname> and <beau>, parented by two of the most powerful beings in the world, blah blah"

I reckon this is an avenue left open to follow THAT pathway, for it is indeed "another story altogether...."

Cheers

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.