1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm having trouble with Draconis

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by shadows, Jun 29, 2002.

1. shadows Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] um...um... i have been trieing to kill draconis but i jut cant.. can you help me to kill him?
    draconis is whats-his-names ( the dragon guys ) son

2. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Need more info...
    Class, level, npc's, equipment, those things

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Though I also don't know what your problem with Draconis might me I have an idea what you may mean:

The Draconis fight has an evil problem. He tends to become invisible all the time. Two wasy to solve that: Have some char using true sight (Keldorn comes to my mind) or have a thief using the staff of the magi or a potion to stay invisible while using detect illusions. Then Draconis is just another stupid dragon. Whack him!

4. Chain lightning works nice(30 damage).But more info will help.

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

30 damage? Bah!

If you haven't yet, finish Watcher's Keep and Sendai's Enclave before coming here, as Draconis is one of the major annoyances in the game.

In his first form, pound him with your fighters while your spellcasters boost the party and summon help. After he transforms, keep him busy while your arcane spellcasters bring down his defenses and magic resistance (Pierce magic, Khelben's warding whip and lower resistance). He hits hard, so attracting his attention with Mordenkainen's Sword is helpful (until it's blasted into oblivion). After his resistance is down, use the highest level attack spells you have (save those area spells until he goes invisible and you can't target him). Throw in any Melf's acid arrows and insect swarms you have, so they'll distract him when he goes invisible and casts heal (a real bugger).

Just try to keep everyone alive and pounding on him, while constantly having five hasted summons. And finish him off (even with randomly thrown fireballs) before he can cast that heal, and you'll need to do everything again. (You might also try having one fighter standing back firing arrows. Bring him in after Draconis wing buffets everyone else. And watch out for that nasty breath attack.)

6. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What is the problem? The first form or the second?

Funny thing, I just had to fight him myself.
    Anyway, I first fought him purely on AI to see where the problems were. The only thing that I can think of is that dragon breath. It kills most of my party members in 1 shot, and of course the timestop sneak attack is annoying too.

He casts timestop and then he attacks in melee. He attacked my barbarian who only took 2 dam with each blow (90% blunt damage resistance). If I would have cast hardiness he would have probably not hit me at all. (I think hardiness will greatly protect you from his sneaky attack so that will be the advice to you if you needed it for that)
    In the second form I never let him cast that spell. I used 3 timestops so I could cast 4 warding whips 2 pierce magics and 4 lower resistances and a spellstrike on him (I kinda overdid it I know), but before I could actually cast any damage dealing spells on him my fighters had already killed him. (I also used wish for all 25 stats)

7. JTG Dragon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

When I faced Draconis last time I summoned a Planetar to my aid. Then when he changed form to a dragon I lost my still unharmed planetar. Only a picture of it stayed but the creature was gone. If you are going to summon Planetars or Devas do it when he has swiched form to dragon.

8. purerflames Guest

hmmmm ok i think i see what i did wrong . . . . when i fought him i faced him like he was a big stupid ragon i wasnt prepared for his invisible thing or that dam heal cr@p that he did... i will set up my spell to work on that and see if it helps . . .thx for helping me

( A.K.A shadow )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.