1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm in love...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Mollusken, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] ... with the spells chromatic orb and haste. For big battles, use the orb to lower the pressure and haste for some ultra quick firing, hammering, cutting or whatever! This game is great!

2. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I'm in love with the improved functionality of magic missile compared with BG2 where each and every mage throws up a spell turning via a trigger :)

Also area effect spells rock

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I never use haste. It fatigues everyone after it wears off, which is sometimes in the middle of a big battle, and afterwards I have to treck to the nearest safe resting spot and camp out. No, it's not for me. The only time I ever consider using it is when my group is in real trouble and I need to turn the tide of the battle. Then I really have little choice but to unleash that spell. And I never really cared too much for cromatic orb (though I really like in more in IWD than in BG2 at lower levels) until I reached level 12. After that, it's insta-death if your lucky. Mostly I gotta stick with magic missle. The IWD spells I like the most are Emotion: Hope and Emotion: Courage. Add some nice bonuses to your fighters. I also found Ice Lance to be a really cool third level spell.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Cold spells are not very usable in the Heart of Winter campaign. Every single creature there seems to be immune :(.

5. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Mirror Image, Sunfire, Fireball, Stoneskin, and Invisibility are my alltime IWD favorate spells.

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I've always loved haste and magic missiles. Another couple of spells that i always found useful were mass invisibilty and the good old reliable fireball:). After all, who doesn't love seeing their enemies roasted by a mad megalomainiac mage?:)

7. Whistlingleaf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Spike Stones & Death Fog are a most deadly area combo effect even in HoF mode

8. Thalantyr Guest

[​IMG] I love the new How spells.

Cuase critical wounds is a good spell.
    Seven Eyes i like too.
    Smashing Wave is looks fun.
    Earthquake.

I like to many IWd spells to list :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.