1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm sick. Who should I blame? Definetly not me

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Extremist, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Just my point so I don't have to spam over many threads here.

I'm not nazi.
    I'm not racist.
    I don't attack people for beliefs and such cultural differences.

I'm sick of global guilt inputs.
    I believe that guilt is inside one person's action and not in nationality or religion or custom or belief. OK?

So I won't turn against someone because of who he is.
    But if you drop one nuke, one single small nuke anywhere on this planet - consider me as your worst enemy.

Life is not a game. Once you're dead, you're dead. Nukes won't make difference if you're supposed to be their victim or not.

I won't post anything ever again in WTC disaster threads - instead of helping, mending, mourning, preparing, etc etc, you are talking about war. I lived through one war too much. I don't need another one. I don't need another graveyard full of my friends.
    Is it so damn hard to accept that life goes on and that violence is not number one solution?

And above all, I consider myself a christian. I think with my sentences above that I have total right to consider myself a christian. And when my Lord's judgment comes, I will have no fear.

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I only wish that so many others could have your insight Extremist. I am not a christian, but I hope that if anything bad comes from this that envelopes the world my Goddess will see me through it, and put me where she needs me to be to do good for her.

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm not religious AT ALL, and believe in doing things for your own reasons (or not at all) and not just to look God in the face (no offence meant to anybody who'se a Christian, or of any other faith).

BUT I agree with Extremist completely. Life is not a game, it's a gift, so why don't people treat it as such?

Well, if we knew, the world would be a better place....

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I will hope I pray to the right god now.

I pray that Jihad is not part of God's will. And that Terrorism is not part of God's will. And I pray that everyone can agree on peacfull religion and a peacefull world. And I will pray for food and welfare for every individual on this earth.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Extremist,

I don't know exactly what you're saying...

None of us have the ability to drop even a small nuke. I'm wondering that if America goes to war over this, if you will declare our country as your enemy, or individuals like myself (US Citizens).

I also am a Christian, and I am shocked by the events that we've seen. In this world, we should expect war and disaster, but I always feel ill-prepared when faced by the depths of human depravity.

Don't know if this fits, but here is a message from Billy Graham that might help ...

-MAT

"Within the last few hours the United States has suffered the most terrible and devastating terrorist attack in its history. Although we do not yet know the full story, these unspeakable acts of brutality strike at the very heart of our free society.

"Our heartfelt prayers and sympathy go out to all who have been directly touched by this tragedy, and their families. I call upon all Americans to pray especially for our President and for all who advise him, that they may have divine wisdom as they respond to this insane and horrific act.

"In times like this we realize how weak and inadequate we are, and our greatest need is to turn in repentance and faith to the God of all mercy and the Father of all comfort. If ever there was a time for us to turn to God and to pray as a nation, it is now, that this evil will spread no further. It is also a time for us to remember the words of the Psalmist: 'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea ... He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still and know that I am God ... The Lord of hosts is with us.'" (Psalm 46:1-2, 9-11)

6. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Quite an inspiring speech there Extremist. I can honestly say religious things aside I feel completely the same way.

7. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I show of suprt of Ex's comments i would like to say
    HERE HERE!

Not spam

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

It's impossible to put common sense into the mind of a religious fanatic. For them this is Jihad, and dying in battle means safepassage to the high heavens. I don't think there is any peaceful way to stop them, I just hope the nukes aren't going to used anymore.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 15, 2001).]

9. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Greetings Extremist!

I've been happening upon quite a number of your posts all over this board. I can see why others might find you intimidating (especially in that beefy, seemingly indestructible Harmonium armor)or extremely (no pun intended) opinionated (which, in my view, really isn't a bad thing).

But no, as I've been reading your words, I never really figured you to be a racist. Can't say I agree with some of your views, but they are yours. And its precisely that difference which makes me read your posts and learn a perspective different from my own, and to somehow appreciate an insight or experience I don't know anything about. That's how I think people learn, by being open to the opinions and views of others and weighing their ideas with yours. No one ever said you have to agree with them, but its a sign of maturity to be able to put your money where your mouth is and have your views dissected, attacked and reacted upon in a mature and constructive manner without getting insecure.

You go straight to the heart of an issue, and I believe you are not insecure about who you are and what you believe in, worrying about stuff like: "ooooh... what would other people say?" I guess some aren't just used to that. But that's you. That's how to do things, and I respect that.

I agree with you on your views about avoiding violence, and I would gladly add my voice to yours. Acts fueled by rage and vengeance will hurt this world more, like twisting a dagger in an already deep wound. Answering a wanton act of cruelty with the same amount of cruelty will make us no different from those we wish to condemn.

Your opinions are sound, and your arguments are well thought of. Even if some of us don't agree with you all the time, you deserve that praise. And besides IF TWO PEOPLE AGREE ON EVERYTHING ALL OF THE TIME, ONE OF THEM IS NOT ESSENTIAL. We are individuals after all, and because of that we will have our differences.

Thank you very much for your honest views and opinions. Be assured that they they are read, analyzed and considered. They count. :)

Keep them coming...

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] *blush*

Please, I'm rather embarassed now, especially when I'm exposed and my protective wall is broken...

Thank you.

In fact, thank you all who participated in this thread. No matter if you agreed with me or not. I love you guys.

Ok, enough of emotions, onward to flaming threads ;):evil:

11. Hardin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Gosh... I almost called you by your name, eveningdrive!

In support of everything said in this post, I posit the following:

1) Everyone is entitled to his or her own emotion and opinion.
    2) I commend those who take a stand and live by them, however unpopular.
    3) The key here is to participate, not to kibitz. So if anyone doesn't agree to disagree, they'd better pack it up and go someplace else.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.