1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Barmy Army, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Has anyone ever played this? What's the verdict?

BTW, I hold you guys completely responsible for getting me hooked on BG2 again. I just completed the game, and I'm just thinking of a party for my next game I'm going to start straight away. Gits!

2. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You dirty git! She's your half sister not to mention almost underage! Her portrait in BG1 isnt upto much either :p

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    I bet you wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting! J/k

Give over with yourself man. So, she happens to have a bit of Bhaal essence in her, she's not really your sister in the game I reckon (that would make kobolds, fire giants and all manner of other stuff your brothers and sisters! imagine nipping down the pub with your 'brother chinchilla' :p )

Isn't she the same age as you at the start of BG? Or just a year or two under, something like that (that would make her about 19/20 by my reckoning).

Seriously though, I just heard good things about the mod and thought I'd see what the crack is. I've heard it's meant to be pretty buggy, but looking at the site it seems that a patch came out for it.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've played the SoA part, and I just have one thing to say: This mod is f****** amazing. The music is great, the dream sequences are very well done (telling much of the background between charname and Imoen), the story has been fleshed out very well, the quality time and special events keep the boredom in check.

This was the mod which resparked my interest for BG2. I am looking foward to the ToB part like a kid waiting for Xmas morning.

All hail Lord Mirrabo!

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    Did you run into any/many bugs, DoTW?

The ToB material is still in progress? Jeez, it must be about 18 months since the SoA element came out, surely? The author is sure a slow-mo. Perhaps he's just given up on it

6. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Yeh it does sound quite good actually. If its not complete yet on my next run through I might use the female drow NPC mod (not Viconia) can't remember her name though. And theres a mod that lets you use Kivan in BG2 so I may try that aswell.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Tried it and the verdict is this: buggy and too complicated. When compared to the official romances, there are twice as many options, some of the text is pretty heavy, and often you have to be in the right place at the right time in the right way for a mandatory dialog to trigger.

Also bear in mind that you have to ditch all the other romance-candidates (basically without reason, since Imoen isn't in the party at that time). The worst thing is that they let you know if you have screwed up only once you leave Underdark. That's almost whole SoA before you know do you sleep in the coach or bed.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    Can't you use the 'multi-romance' part of EoU to dodge that?

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No can do. Imoen Romance is a separate project, so basically it has nothing to do with the original code. It would be possible to make it work concurrent with the other romances, but the EoU modders would need to take a look at Imoen Romance separately.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Argh, that's a bit of a down point. I'll still probably give it a go at some point.

I guess that scenario would be the same for any separate NPC mod romances?

I quite like the look of the Keto mod (even though I don't like the bard class - too weak) so I'll probably add that.

11. Duffin Gems: 13/31

I think this will be right up your street Barmy ;) . This is the drow mod I was talking about. Has anybody used it and if so can you tell me what class and roughly what stats she has as it doesnt say on the website.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    The Allison one *wolf whistle* if I was incredibly sad, wore glasses, had a bad case of acne, and had never been laid I'd bash one out there!

In all seriousness though, I've never tried these 1 day NPC's because I don't like the idea. They can't be that well done really.

I've tried that drow one, it's not that clever to be honest. Neither is the Saerileth one. I wouldn't bother with them if I were you pal.

13. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Yeh I've never used a 1 day one for the same reason. I was going to use Saerileth until I read she was 15, talk about killing a mod. Are there any particular reasons you dont like the drow one (sorry I cant be arsed to remember her name).

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    That Saerileth one is plain weird. She's 15 and falls in love with the PC as soon as she sees him. Some of the content is actually OK, but a few things really let it down. I think the Kelsey NPC mod is the only one that ties in properly with the rest and could quite easily have been made by Bioware.

15. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Yes I tried Kelsey once he's okay. Bet you got jealous when he tried it on with Imoen eh Barmy? :p

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    I flew a virtual fist into smarmy face mate. He didn't try it on with my chick (who's also my sister) again! heh, it's like Mansfield eh, a little bit of family interbreeding :lol:

Pullin' yer leg mate ;)

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Haha, indeed. I hated that mod. *Marrying* a 15 year old? WTF? And never mind knocking her in ToB. Knocking a 15 year old - that`s plain sick and disgusting. I also hated the "either charname or Edorem". But that`s discussion for another topic.

As for bugs, I haven`t found much, most of them being mod incompatibility - Kivan, for example, would cause the dialogue where Imoen throws herself into your arms to misfire, causing everyone to just stand there like idiots, stuck in a cutscene with no way to restore control. Some other mods caused problems too, but it`s been ages since my last play - I should probably give it one more go. If you wanna play it, just don`t mix it with other mods, as compatibility is a major pain. If you want a good laugh, Barmy, try to get the "Easter Egg" dialogue between Imoen and Aerie - too much fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the ToB part, Lord M says it`s about 75% complete - there`s supposed to be 28 (!!!!) different epilogues depending on the path you took during the romance. IIRC, he spoke about a 2007 release. Time will tell.

What I also liked about the mod is that Mirrabo is probably one of the most extreme dialogue writers out there - I mean, you can either cuddle Imoen or plain slap her. Getting bored of a Mirrabo Mod`s almost impossible.

Once again, Hail Mirrabo!

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Totally off topic but I will answer as best I recall. Yasraena is a CG drow fighter. Her strength is 18/70, her con sucks like most elves and she has points in short swords/2 wep fighting style. She comes with 2 swords that get upgraded eventually. She talks with everyone and her voice is neat. She does give you a 2 point rep drop because she's drow. Check the Chosen of Mystra: Nethrin and Sillara's Mods forum. All they've done are now packed into one place since they aren't updating their mods any longer.

19. Kitana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The main problem I had playing the Imoen romance was that you get the dream sequences whether you're romancing her or not, and I ended up installing it because I was so tired of seeing the dream sequences (they're cutscenes, no way to fast forward through them, unfortunately) and since one of the dialogs never triggered it seems I failed the romance. I liked the characterization, but it wasn't very much like how I'd always imagined Imoen in my own mind.

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Yasraene is very powerful. Her STR is exceptional, and she dual-wields for that extra little kick. Sha has awesome MR, and excellent voicing, and pretty dialogues, banters....a shame you can not romance her fully. She is in my current IA adventure party, and I survived many tough mage battles thanks to her wonderful MR. :thumb: And, unlike Viccy, she is a real fast killer in melee, cast an Improved Haste on her and she will have 9 attacks/round:killing a lich in one round if protections are down! Ofcourse, I have TRUE GM fix, but it is well worth it! :)

As for Immy romance, I am all OK for it, I really love Imoen, and romancing her would be so cool. But I heard the mdo was so buggy that I had to avoid it like plague, unfourtunately. :wail: So sad!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.