1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it just me, or...?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Drathir Darthirii, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] ...do the voice actors sound different in ToB? Namely:

*Aerie
    *Nalia
    *Anomen

Anomen, in particular, sounds quite different when he speaks in ToB. I'm wondering if this is just me, or if they are meant to sound different owing to their "different" personalities (Ano being CN/LG, Aerie being less shy etc. :rolleyes: ) What do you think? :confused:

2. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes they do sound different. Same actors/actresses most likely done with the V/O being recorded at two different studios at two different times. It is suprising at what a difference certain sound mixing can do. If I recall right SoA and ToB were released in seperate boxes, much like the ToSC for BG 1, so somewhere along the line the thought of releasing BG 2 SoA alone was out there.

On another note, by the time ToB comes around, the NPC's are quite loyal to the PC and their cause, maybe it was Bioware's intention to reflect that into the sound sets, primarily in the form of the tone of the V/O actors voice. Surely you know that people who have been friends for long periods of time talk to each other in a way they do not speak with others because they are so at ease with them, and the fact that one of these NPC's may in fact be the PC's lover. Kind of in the same way that we can tell certain things to our best friends but can't tell the same thing to our parents.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Nally Nalia has also changed dramatically in ToB, she even tells this when you summon her via Fate Spirit. She becomes kinda more confident and 'cool', perhaps due to most people hating her guts. So this can explain her change of toning and speaking?

4. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

she is as she says herself(nalia) an "archmage" now

5. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

I think that's correct, about the NPCs being more "at ease" with the PC, especially Anomen. He's probably pretty chuffed that the PC has kept him around for so long! :D

I really don't like Nalia since SoA - she's really stuck up and arrogant. A bit like our friend the tunic-wearing orc himself. :rolleyes: ;)

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I don't remember Aerie sounding any different? How much of a change are you reffering to Moony?

7. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

@$ilvershield - Aerie sounds a bit more...you know, confident and angry, rather then the meek lickul elfie she was in SoA. In the voice set, that is. She sounds more confident when she speaks to other people, as well.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

I thought that was just Nalia? Hehe, I didn't find a change in Aerie at all, just the same whinging hot little thing that she is! :D

9. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

if you romance Aerie she stops whining most of the way through her romance in SoA. In ToB she's a different kind of creature. Not whiney at all. Extremely confident and self Assertive rather. And a whole lot sneakier than her naive self used to be.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

I thought she was always whiny! Especially during the romance and even more because of the other two hotties vying for your attention.

11. starwalker Gems: 16/31

That's way early on. About 3/4 of the way through she loses the whininess in the romance. In ToB the whining is totally gone.

12. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

I totally agree with you there! :lol: I'm not saying that she's not whiny anymore, I'm saying she's still whiny but more confident, too. :spin:

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes, she is confident, she even threatens to polymorph the next person who will taunt her into a squirrel. And she gets more sexual freedom, courage, and creativity, mind you! :wink, wink!:

14. starwalker Gems: 16/31

She gets a little nastier and less woah is me with a couple of the npc's too...Edwin for example.

15. Fly2tHeSkY

I remember her when you get her pregnant but I always chose the 'staying with her for the longevity of it' dialogue but I ALWAYS wanted to know what would happen if you chose to let her go on her own dialogue. Not trying to be rude but her reaction would be priceless! God DAMN I'm evil! :D

But seriously I would laugh :lol:

16. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

Yes, as am I! :D Mwahahahahaha! :evil:

I think she stays with you anyway, regardless of what you tell her to do. I wonder what happens if you say, "I want nothing to do with the kid" to her? I can't be bothered to try it. :roll: :D

17. Fly2tHeSkY

OMG that would be THE FUNNIEST THING! I mean :cry: ... :lol: I'm so going to try that next time around!

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Oh you can'T be that evil... :wail: Even pathetic Aerie does not deserve it!

20. Fly2tHeSkY

Oh Silver, you just don't understand! When I'm in a mood, no one is safe ... not even little Aerie! :D

Btw, thankyou for that Fel! Saved me ALOT of time!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.