1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it okay if I kill this guy?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Zaylae, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Zaylae Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] You know that guy Marek? Who approaches you when you enter the second area of Baldur's Gate? He tells you that he knows that you're trying to destroy the Iron Throne and he's watching you etc. Well, I thought it would be better if he died, and he had some goodies on him too. But does he play a part in a later plot?

[This message has been edited by Zaylae (edited July 31, 2001).]

2. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes. He's the source of an extremely rewarding quest if you travell to the market place and find the dude named Lathander after talking with him.

3. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Then you can him and kill him too. :D

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You get about 10'000 xp i think! thats good!

5. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

10.000 exp but do you lose any reputation

6. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

No rep loss
    Spoiler

as when you first meet him he poisons you (you dont know) so in the end you are sortof using the tecnique of fire if fired upon so you ar safe for this encounter. but remember never kill a Flaming fist dude that will get you in big rep trouble no mater what.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

IIRC the first time he talks to you and says he know that you're investigating the Iron Throne and he will walk away as a neutral char. After the poisoned-subquest you can kill him. It gives indeed 10.000 XP and isn't the Eagle Short Bow, protector of Dryads a loot of him?

8. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes you do get the Eagle bow by killing Marek

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

So come along do the quest and feel proud! You actually get abit more then 10,000 xp as you do kill Marek! But heck its also pretty easy! So enjoy!

Note: do you really die if you don't find a cure?

10. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

I know someone who did, how i laughed :D

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

ROFLMAOLOL!!!! What a loser! Bet he felt alittle stupid then! Tell him to learn from this mistake! Did he actually know what hit him?

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Best part: He was about to walk into the temple of Bhall! :D
    Guess how he felt when his charcter keeled over lol. To his credit, or luck i should say, he did have a back up save just before he was poisoned. He didn't just kill the guy for telling him he was poisoned after that. :D

13. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ahem, a quote if you will meistro.

kemanmaldea-remember never kill a Flaming fist dude that will get you in big rep trouble no mater what.-

Just before nashkel (i think) you meet a flaming fist. If you can con him into fighting you the nhe is all for the taking as you can kill him with no rep loss whatsoever...and you get plate mail, big bonus that early in the game. Also, dressing up your main character to look exactly like one of the fist by using this guys equipment, and then slaughtering every citizen you can find is quite humerous.

14. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

I stand Corrected. I had only found that guy once befor and had forgottend about him.

15. Zaylae Gems: 2/31

Okay, so I killed Marek when I first met him, which maybe wasn't such a good idea, but there's no going back now. I got the potion, talked to Lothander etc. I drank the potion but it's still saying that I'm feeling fuzzy and throwing up breakfast. I guess I'm still poisoned. Anything I can do?

16. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Umm.. got a reload? Use it if you do.
    If not hope

17. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Try sleeping several times in a row after drinking the potion. When I played it took a while for the potion to take effect.

18. Zaylae Gems: 2/31

Hmm...no reload. Thanks though. Now I have to start ALL OVER. *buries face in hands*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.