1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it possible...?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by olimikrig, Jul 22, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Is it possible to pre-order books like the next Harry Potter book through SP, if you wanted to pre-order it, but also wanted to give SP some credit for it?

I'm going to pre-order it anyways, 'cus I will want to get it on English (Really don't wanna wait those months before it's published in my native language).

(That is if it's possible to pre-order anything via amazon.com at all!)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sure, pre-orders work the same as regular orders, only SP doesn't get any credit until the item actually ships. But I'm not sure what you mean by pre-ordering the next HP book... The next one's going to be out in what, 3 or 4 years? Or do you mean Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? This has been out in English for a few days now. You can order it from http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index_rowling.php

(I've fixed the links now, bloody Amazon invalidated the links which worked when I checked last, and no one reported them not working.)

:doh:

Btw, since you're in Denmark, rather order from Amazon.co.uk, shipping should be much less than from the US.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    okay :)

Well, HP was meant more as an example than anything else. Guess I really didn't make that any clear at all (Pre-order Half-Blood Prince eons ago :p ).

Just meant in general since most of the good fantasy novels comes out in English quite some time before a Danish translation is made (if one is made at all!). It's just that I'm often pre-ordering books through various book clubs and such that I thought I might just as well do it via SP.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Definitely an idea I salute. :D

I usually add new books to our fantasy books store well in advance, so you can pre-order pretty much every title. But if I miss anything, or add it with a delay (or you want to order a book that isn't listed on SP), you can just follow the sticky in this forum for details ( http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/18/666.html ), or just ask me to make links for you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.