1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is jareira a good fighter? I doubt it...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kasio, Mar 20, 2001.

1. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Is Jareira a good fighter? I doubt it... Minsc is much better. (His voice and accent is annoying though...) Kensai Joshimo sucks as much as Jareira...
    I am a Priest of Lathander so i desparately need good fighters in my party... Which Would be the best ones.. i am neutral good, so evil creatures are not welcome.. Krogan Bloodaxe would do, but he is chaotic evil.. Who else suits me and where could i find them?

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I usually end up with Keldorn (Tempel area) who is a decent fighter with the right equipment. And there's Valygar (Umar Hill) as well, but I've never tried him.

Jaheira is only part fighter so if you compare her as a pure fighter, she will never win against Minsc. But her Insect plague alone makes it worthwhile to have her along. Just give her a good shield and one of those great clubs.

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited March 20, 2001).]

3. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Well first of all, Yoshimo is a bounty Hunter, not a Kensai.
    Second Jaheira will be an excellent fighter when she has good armor, a good shiled, that club +3 +3acid, and the gauntlet's of Ogre power or the girdle of hill giant strength.
    3rd You should definitely get Keldorn!
    He has high Hitpoints and good savingthrows.
    Give him the girdle of hill giant strength so he has 19 strength and give him the gauntlets of dexterity so he has a better armor class and is more difficult to hit.
    Let me see, I have Keldron, Minsc, Jaheira, Nalia, Aerie and me (Half-orc Barbarian). You could also use Anomen. I haven't but I heard he has also high hitpoints.
    I also heard Mazzy is a pretty good fighter, but I never used her. She's a halfling, so she has low strength, but you can use one of the items below to increase that.

If you want to know where all of the items above are look to this SPOILER
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >The girdle of hill giant strength can be bought at the adventurer's mart (Waukeen Promenade)
    >The gauntlets of Dexterity can be found in the gaul city, which is in the Unseeing Eye lair, In the Athkatla sewers.
    >The gauntlets of Ogre Power can be found on a half-ling (After you killed him) inside the Planarsphere, which can be entered by having Valigar to open it. (Valigar can be found in his cabin in the Umar Hills)
    Mind you that (I had the same) if you want to make Crom fayer, you'll need the gauntlets of Ogre, so Jaheira will loose her good thaco. If you give her a good armor class (She has 8 with me), you can still use her, but she won't hit that much anymore....
    I now use her for spellcasting, because Keldorn, Minsc and I are already at the highest level poosible, so we can kick everyone's but and we don't need Jaheira for fighting anymore!

4. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

8 as AC for Jaheira or is that a typo for -8

Put her in some Ankeg Plate and a ring of protection and a good shield ,you should be able to get her AC down to -7. That Acid club is wicked or give her staff of rynn , but forfeit the AC , with the loss of the shield. She is one of the best fighters in my party.

Raistlin - Mage lvl 14
    Keldorn - really cool
    Aerie - dies quick , but is not really built for fighting.
    Anonmen - good as well, good HP.
    Jan - definately not built for fighting , but good thief. really bad AC 4 was his lowest , thats without loing all his own armor and stuff.
    And of course Jaheira.

Just fought the shadow dragon and the NPC that caused the most damage - Aerie.

Not weapons , but deadly with two wands of lightning.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Jaheira is not a pure fighter, she is also a good druid, so you CAN'T compare her with Minsc, for he is pure ranger and Jaheira is a multiclasser BUT give her gauntlets of Ogre Power, a good weapon (Scimitar +2, Club +3 or a good mace/flail) a good armor, a good shield and then she can be a char in your party with very low AC and good attack/damage. She's good when you help her a little bit.

6. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hmm, with a couple of strenght-enhancing gauntlets and that +4 Staff you can buy at Ribalds she's more then a decent fighter. BUT, since her AC'll never get really low, she must be used as second fighter, to bash enemies who're themselves engaging another fighter. This way she'll make most battles a whole lot shorter, without taking any risks herself.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well I gave here a good armor, (full plate) with ring of protection +2, a club +3, Sentinel +4 Gauntlets of Ogre-Power, she's a very good fighter with low AC, only the Dex 15 is a small problem and that's why indeed she'd best be a second fighter and not the first.... but she's also a druid so she can use druid spells that give more resistances or lower AC, maybe that compensates the dex 15.

8. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i found Jahiera to be a crucial element to my party just because of her skill with spells...

okay she will never be as powerful as front up fighters such as Minsc or Keldorn, but she can be good.

I skilled her up in Spears and had her using that Spear +3 and +10 piecring damage. She is wikked with that when she is skilled in it. Ooooo... and give her the Girdle of Frost Giant strength and she is sooooo amazing powerful!

she is key... plus she had a nice romance plot...

9. shadowboxer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] In my opinion Valygar kicks ass. He can attack with two weapons very good, can cast those cool protection spells at 12th level and can hide in shadows. Jaheira isn't too bad but she has the low dex which kinda sux.
    Keldorn and Minsc are definatley tanks and they'll take out practically anything in my path.

10. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I agree with Deanno99: Jaheira is primarily aspellweaver, who can take a hit or two (and maybe go into melee if absolutely unavoidable).
    With her summoning skills (speeded fire-elementals are quite a show and that insect-plague may make me itch all over, but does much more to enemy mages) and her defensive spells she does very well from second row and won't be interrrupted by some chance arrow.

11. nidogueihtam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

First of all you dont diss minsc's voice, he is halarious. And as for Jaheira she has always been one of my prime fighters. Give her a spear + 2 and she kicks ass. Of cource she is a good spell caster, (especially with staff of fire +2) but she is also a good back up fighter when your in a though squeze.

12. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Jaheira has the lowest AC of all of my char!
    -8 that is ;) (See topic above) All the others have -5, mine has -3 and my mages have -3 and -2. I think she's a great fighter and a bit of a lowsy druid. She can heal good though.
    But those and that fire elemental spell are the only ones I use. Well Insect plage I've used for a while now, but it's got a long casting time... Nasty...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.