1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is the wand of paralyzation nerfed?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by archbishop, Apr 23, 2005.

1. archbishop Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I just reinstalled BG (without TotSC because CD is scratched and unreadable), and the wand of paralyzation isn't working correctly. It never paralyzes anyone, even peasants. Sometimes it will say XXX save vs. wands, but the majority of the time it doesn't and the affected character starts glowing the same way they would if the wand had worked previously. Yet, still they continue on their merry way. Taugos Sokhan(sp?) almost ate my bard who used the darned thing on him three times, and only one of which did it display the save vs. wands text.

I have used the official patch for BG only and ease of use mod. I left out the portions that apply to TotSC; improved Edane is the only one that needed to be left out I think.

Any ideas?

Edit: punctuation

2. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

I was under the impression that it's like this in every version.

3. archbishop Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

So it doesn't work for you either?

It's funny because in my old install with TotSC, the wand worked fine. That saving throw penalty made it very difficult for enemies to avoid getting stunned. Maybe some stuff didn't install correctly, or maybe (and I'm beginning to suspect this is the case) my earlier install didn't uninstall properly. Example: In Gullykin, Gandolar Luckyfoot asks my party about visiting Durlag's Tower, which isn't even on my map. Maybe I should uninstall/reinstall again.

4. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I think Gandolar mentions Durlag's tower even if you don't have the expansion.

5. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

From what I recall, it was always totally useless for me, although I don't know whether this was because it was totally buggered, or simply because I had an awful lot of bad luck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.