1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is There a Character Screen?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a screen that shows my things like current damage and defense rating. Or are all these things already factored into the stats that you have on your inventory for each item?

OK, that didn't make any sense. Let's say you are looking at armor, and you have the perk the "Well Fitted" and/or "Matching Set" perk. Do the values you see displayed when you look at the inventory already include the bonus you get from those perks? Currently my character has a complete set of dragon armor, but I'm not using the dragon helm, as I like my mask better. I think it may be possible that I'm already at the armor cap anyway of 500-something, but is there a screen that shows me my total? If I'm already there, then obviously I'll use the mask, but if I'm only at say, 400, then switching to a dragon helm will up it by about 100 from the "Matching Set" perk. The mask only gives me a bonus to elemental damage, and so I can just switch over to it for when I'm fighting a dragon or something like that.

2. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Hitting ESC and going to current stats is the closest thing we have to this.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Alright, well I play on XBox, but I believe the start key brings up a list of options that includes current status.

4. Topken

Should be ont he same screen as the quest menu as its the first one to the right of that window. I play on pc for obvious reasons

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    It is - when you hit start there are three tabs, the first one is the quest tab, and the right one is the save tab, and I'm pretty sure the middle one is the current status tab - which I admit that I don't think I've ever opened.

6. Topken

*chuckles* Should be the tab you are looking for tho.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.