1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's the most ridiculous thing!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Simulator, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Simulator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This post was inspired by the Hide Armor quest in SOA. This quest will forever stay in my mind as having the most ridiculous ending. I mean, come on, what were they thinking? A group of six adventurers have just come a few days from killing a silver dragon, and they send in a measly three mages to take them out. To make things worse, the guy simply GIVES you the hide armor BEFORE they attack you. The shame!

This thread is for all those things in BG2 that seem a little dumb.

Btw, are these guys in the twisted rune, cause in the tactics mod the twisted rune attacks you if you have the armor (or so Ive read)

2. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A little dumb ?

For me a little dumb thing was Jaheira's Bandit Quest: they could easily slaughter everyone while they were sleeping, so why bother with waking CHARNAME up and taking a hostage ?

3. fat mike Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well as I see it, there's always one character taking turns in posing as guard when the party's asleep. That way they can wake the other's up when **** hits the fan.

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Here is one, you can attack a powerful party, then you run out of damaging spells and hide round the corner, so what do you do now? Go to sleep of course as they will never find you hiding 3 feet away from them :rolleyes:

5. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The ol' Cloudkill cheese:

Okay, there's someone standing about twenty metres away, just in the fog of war or behind a hastily-shut door, choking to death but doing nothing because, well, they can't see beyond that radius!

The door is almost plausible. The generic "mark-and-gas" in an outdoor environment is bollocks.

*spoilers*

Yes, Simulator, they are Runies, all right. If you off the guy who makes the armour after confronting him, he tells you that you'll soon be dead if you're "crossing the Rune". IIRC, with Tactics installed they will attack if you are carrying the Staff Of The Magi, as well.

6. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Eh, not really a BG2 problem specifically, but I love the way that everyone not only drinks potions, but also *eats* the bottle, apparently.

If I know a door is trapped, why can't I spring it from a distance?

Nowhere sells food! I know it'd be a pain to have to eat (it was in U7, IMO), but places will sell drinks.

It appears that the Cowled Wizards' incredible magical-detection abilities are thwarted by buildings. Bit of a drawback in a city, that.

7. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, you know, there's note during the loading time that said, the characters don't eat but that doesn't mean YOU don't need to eat. We don't want to loose any players.

not exactly same as it says, but still you can know why they don't sell any food whether merchants are right beside food carts or in the inn.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Eh, Midwinter, yeah people actually 'ate' potion bottles, but the bad guys you fight for the celestial fury in the guarded compound in the temple district actually has 'empty potion bottles' on their possesions, that is, if they can drink a potion during the fight. (and that female thief always drinks invisbility potions for a nasty back-stab!!!)
    Are those empty bottles required for a quest? I don't think so. Does they have a use? Nope.
    It seems that developers thought of your comment and used a single example for potion bottles.

9. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

^ I always figured those bottles were a part of some quest, that the developers didn't have time to finish.

10. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

It always struck me as a little odd that some people will calmly wait for you to cast a spell, but once the spell is cast, they go bananas, and *then* attack.

11. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I think it's crazy that Minsc can run out of room to carry things, whether it's 16 scrolls or 16 sets of chain armor (or whatever else is really heavy).

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Heh if we try we can find so much funny and unrealistic things, but hey, it is only a game, and a very good one, so don't bother!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.