1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD2 soundsets for BG2 and problems with SP's converter

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Uli Kunkel, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Uli Kunkel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm trying to use IWD2 soundsets in BG2 and after some unsuccessful shots at converting them myself I found the converter here at SP.
    The problem is that the thing doesn't work. The files are copied in the appropriate directory, but when I try assigning a soundset to a party member, s/he becomes mute.

So I ask you all good souls: are there, somewhere in the wide wide web, the converted IWD2 soundsets for BG? Or maybe a converter that actually works? Or something that will help me get the job done?

2. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The converter worked fine for me, although I haven't used it for a while (I keep the converted soundsets ready for action :) ). Possible solutions:
    -the package had separate programs for IWD & IWD2, did you use the right one?
    -IWD 1&2 keeps the soundsets in folders (named Female_Barbarian_1 etc. ). BG2, however, should have the sounds as separate files in the sounds directory.
    -are those individual sounds in the soundsets named correctly? For example Female Barbarian soundset from IWD2 for BG2 should contain sounds named F_Barba, F_Barbb and so on.

3. Uli Kunkel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Now it works. Weird, I didn't touch a thing. Oh well. Thanks for your quick answer, though!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.