1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira dialogue stopping after Elminster and Harper pin

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Asagiri121, May 11, 2001.

1. Asagiri121 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi, I'm actually very aware of the 50 zillion and 1 jaheira romance posts. However this is actually kinda weird. Just after killing Firkraag, in Chapt 3. Terminel popped up, and then J got her Harper Pin. However since then, about 2 weeks game time, she hasn't uttered a word. I checked the Globals and right now the JaheiraRomanceActive - 2 and the LoveTalk is at 63. Normally she talks, at least to complain about something but not a peep since the Terminsel meeting. She has not been killed, turned to stone, kicked out and the party rep is 16. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I *think* that after you get the harper pin, the romance is over (until TOB that is). I'm not sure tho, I never romanced her.

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I was pretty sure the Harper pin signalled the end of the romance although, thinking about it, you might need to 'rest' (possibly outside) somewhere to get to its conclusion. If you have rested, hasn't she made any comment about what you got up to?

Also I'm a bit confused as I thought the love talk rating was supposed to be 70 at the end. If you've got the pin at 63, it might be out of sync. But that's even more confusing as you shouldn't get there at 63....

Hmmmm. Rest outside somewhere and then report back to us.

PS I guess you've read the post at:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001746.html

If all else fails there are some little cheats that you can use to nudge your rating to 70 (it sounds like you've done everything to deserve it so it's likely a bug). Talking of bugs, have you donwloaded any extra patches other than the offical one. A few of these affect romances and so might change the rating required to your lower (63) rating.

Blinding flash of light - of course if you have finished it I don't think she says much more afterwards anyway (huge shame). So maybe it has just finished naturaly.

Anyway, I'm waffling (again) let us know what happens after you rest outside and aslo the situation with patches etc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.