1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira Keeps Bailing on Me!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jim Babwe, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I am in the underdark, and went to defeat the Beholders in the Eye Tyrant Tunnels. During the fight, Jaheira was petrified. I "stone to fleshed" her, talked to her, and she said something like "You can reform your party as you wish, but I cannot stay here any more, meet me at the Harper building in Athaltka if you want me to join you again". I didn't even get the option to let her rejoin me right away. This seems really lame sincee my party is running around doing quests for the blasted Drow just to get out of the damned underdark, then Jaheira just leaves on her own. I suspect she is angry with me since my night of pleasure with Phaere, but maybe this is just because I haven't done her Harper Quest yet. Any ideas on how to keep her around?

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    If she goes on her own then there is nothing you can do - let her go. Try to keep her away from beholders or cast invisibility on her so they don't see her.

3. aldekeuk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Has nothing to do with her being pissed about the Phaere "encounter". Same thing happened to me but I was romancing Aerie. Jaheira just up and left after turning her back...

4. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I remember reading (was it in one of the romancing guides) that there was a bug involving letting Jaheira get petrified...
    So just revert to a saved game and make sure she doesn't get petrified this time!
    By the way, you don't have to fight that beholder... actually you should NOT fight him as you'll be missing on some of the funniest quotes in the game!

5. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Actually, no. The Beholder with the funny quotes is in the fish-people (Sahuagin?) city. He is in the Underdark and has already passed that point.

6. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oops. Thanks for the correction. :)
    I guess I read his post a lil' too fast. ;)

7. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Just let her go.... you can find better NPC's out there anyway. I always try and get rid of her at the beginning, she just complains to much.

8. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Once in the Underdark, you're kind of hard pressed to find another NPC. You would have to return to the surface first and even then, they would be too low level.

If you reload the game, you can cast Protection from Petrification on her or, if your mages are high enough level, cast Mass Invisibility. Beholders wouldn't be able to target you with spells even after you attack.

9. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Are you sure that will work Spelladonna?
    I remember those things shooting at me even when in sanctuary.

10. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sanctuary, in my experience, isn't all that great for keeping hidden. What it does is causes enemies to ignore your existence; not make you invisible. Plus you cannot attack or you will dispel it.

What may have happened, too, is the beholder cast True Sight from the beginning (which wouldn't surprise me). I've had mages cast it after my thief had drank a potion of invisibility to scout around for traps, etc. Guess they "sensed" something was afoot and cast True Seeing to see if anyone/anything was nearby.

[ August 08, 2002, 17:34: Message edited by: Spelladonna ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.