1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by metzker, Sep 2, 2001.

1. metzker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey, I just registered here, I hope this helps. I need some advice regarding Jaheira Romance. I think it's the 12th event, the bandit's thing, when they kidnap Jaheira. Do I have to do something *ELSE* in order to trigger that event? Or it just happens? Cause I've been waiting for that for days and nothing.. Well, I aprecciate any kind of help. Waiting for answer. Thanks

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had to sleep out in the woods...

3. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

When playing through as an assassin, they attacked me in my guildhouse. It would appear you need to sleep somewhere that is A.) not a dungeon B.) not an inn.

4. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

For any questions regarding romances, just ask Extremist. He's working on them at the moment.

Incidentally, Extremist, I downloaded the romance cheat (the one you don't like) from here, and it says that somewhere in the jaheira romance you have to use SK. Now before you start throwing your :mad:s at me, could you look into that? I haven't hit that dialogue yet, and I'm not sure what to do w/o using SK.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It says you MUST use SK? No shit?

You MUSTN'T use SK!!!
    Anyway, what for you must use SK? I can't remember me using it anywhere at all...

------------------------------------------

Err, you can rest at inns.
    Only dungeons are to be avoided.
    In normal cases.

But in this case, as BTA said - rest OUTDOORS!!!
    Most spawns related to Jaheira need you to rest outdoors. Seriously. I'm not sure for this exact one, but try it - willya?

P.S. To Gonzago
    Yes, I'm writing it, but I'm only finished with Viccy. So no obligation with answering before I finish it all, ok?

6. metzker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the help, Extremist.

7. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Yeah...something about resetting the lovetalk value back to 31 (instead of 32) in order for Dermin to appear. Otherwise he won't. (Sayeth the little brit who wrote the thing.)

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] ?????

Actually - Dermin will appear for the first time when Lovetalk is 39.

Revianne appears before him - and that is if the variable is 33.

For both you need to be outdoors.
    Revianne will spawn on any "outdoors" location.
    But for Dermin you mustn't be on these areas:
    AR1100 - Umar Hills
    AR1200 - Windspear Hills
    AR1400 - Temple Ruins
    AR1900 - Druid Grove
    AR2000 - Trademeet
    AR2600 - Forest of Tethir
    That leaves de'Arnise keep as the ONLY option in chapters 2 and 3 besides Athkatla.

And stop pestering me!!!
    I haven't finished with Jaheira yet!

9. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Extremist,

Quote: 'What for must you use SK?' (sic)

Is responding to your questions considered pestering now? ;)

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Transforming threads in cheaters' corner I consider pestering. I never needed SK (nor used it - I actually don't even know how to use it), so I don't believe that anyone else needed it.
    But this is thread about Jaheira rommance and not cheating...

Anyway, you quoted the right thing.

11. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Yes, yes, I know. I'm a reformed cheater. I just want to make sure the damn thing works. 'The damn thing' being the romance, that is.

So I turn to the encyclopedist of romances, and he flames me. :(

Fine, fine, I'll wait...

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Come on! Those were not flames towards YOU, but on such statement: "You must use :-X util..." :mad: :mad:

Actually Gonzago, I've checked all moments when Dermin should appear...

There is no way he won't appear - not even in unpatched game!!!

Of course, he won't appear on any location besides Athkatla and de'Arnise Keep (outdoors) - BUT THAT IS NOT A BUG!!!
    See, first time when Dermin appears - it is in exact moment of romance. But other appearances of Dermin are not determined by romance, romance dialogs continue and Dermin appears according to certain timer (i.e. second time he will appear after at least 6 days of ingame time after he was spawned for the first time). Forcing Dermin to appear by any "overcross" method instead of pure sleeping - I can call only cheating! :mad: :mad:

Whatever.

Yes, I still have to see if appearance of Terminsel can screw that all... But that has nothing to do with Dermin!!! Why would you force Dermin to appear if Terminsel screwed it all?!?! :rolleyes:
    You'll force Terminsel to act as he should IMHO. But when you have a tool, you must use it I guess... Then DELETE that tool! :mad: :mad:

So call that cretin and tell him that certain flaming person called Extremist wishes him a nice "format c:" everytime he mentiones that :-X util in the future.

13. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Wow. 6 :mad:s. Is that a record?

Yeah, I'm not too keen on his write-up either..He spends about two pages telling you how he's going to 'get' you if you do anything with it. Anyway, I'm at LT 33 and dialogues still going...I've never finished the Jaheira romance, thought I'd give it a try.

Seriously, I'm not trying to heckle you. But I'd be interested in whatever you come up with once you do finish working everything out...Maybe if (and again, when you find the time) you could put something downloadable (is that a word?), now that I'm getting good at that sort of thing. ;)

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] I think I'll be able to finish the work with Jaheira romance in a day or two... or three, doesn't matter.
    But the doc can't be shaped (glanzed) in such short time nor clarified by a certain romancing guru! ;)

No matter. I'll mail it to you... But as I said, it will be a sketch version for Jaheira romance ONLY with possible mistakes, typos and lacking of some side stuff (i.e. part with Bodhi "spreading" vampirism).

When complete guide gets done for ALL four NPCs, I'll mail it to Tal and you'll be able to download it from where? From SP, of course. OK?
    When will it be, beats me...LOL

15. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Cool beans. Many thanks.

And on another note, it would *really* piss me off if I were a woman playing this game. Anomen? Sheesh. Haer Daelis should have been a romance option, IMO.

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31

In that case, I'll mail you also the part with commands on how to start *ahem* lesbian romance... :p :p
    Sorry, but, I don't know how to tell it without undecent words... my cocabulary...

And Gonzago, stop spamming on each of my posts!!! I want some other people's opinions. If there are any...LOL

17. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The Haerdalis romance would have been short and unsatisfying, as evidenced by Aerie's attempts to make it with him. (-: The boy doesn't really have the temperament for anything but a bored little fling which then ends without a whimper. Probably just as well they decided to shelve that one.

I wish they'd let you have a romance with Valygar. They clearly had some kind of subplot about Valygar trying to keep celibate and it would have made for a cool romance option.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.