1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

January?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Sir Belisarius, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] The newest Robert Jordan Wheel O' Time book doesn't come out until Janury 7th!!! Can you freakin' believe it?!?!? Grrrr....I thought it was coming out in November?!
    I am bitter!

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Yeah, well, I am a believer in mass market paperbacks, and if George R.R. Martin's third Songs of Fire and Ice book doesn't come out soon I am going to cry - a lot!!!

[ October 30, 2002, 17:30: Message edited by: Falstaff ]

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

4. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It could be, only shows one side of him...

I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of the Starks -- Jon and Anya (I believe that's her name.) I anticipate something wicked cool in Anya's near future -- "Of course..." (I wanna know what that phrase means.)

Early 2003 is a nice time, A Feast for Crows, the Jordan book, and the new Hobb book.

5. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What's the new Jordan book called? isn't it something like "Crossroads of Twilight" or something? I thought the last book he wrote ended on a very interesting place (unlike the eighth book, "Path of Daggers" didn't like how that ended.) Not many interesting things really happened in the eighth book (save for some stuff that happened in the White Tower...) I hope in this coming book he goes more in to that and where Pevara and Seaine's enquiries lead them (perhaps to their deaths?, I'm not saying anymore for fear of spoiling the books for anyone who hasn't gotten that far and just happens to be reading this thread.)

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dont talk about it Bel :mad:
    I think we among the readers should chip in to purchase some speed to our favourite writers :evil:
    Then perhaps Martin and Jordan could their thumbs out of their arses ;)

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  8. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If it's Jamie, someone's come up with an excellent cure for his hand! :)

I'm pretty sure he's right handed if you know what I mean. Nudge, nudge, spoil no more.

I know one thing tho': I'm not waiting for the paperback of that one.

On topic: The Jan 7 date has been on the new Jordan at least 2 months, because I checked that out when I looked up the new Song of Ice and Fire release date. From the preview, it doesn't look to complete the tale in volume 10 either, so I shall give it a miss until such time as he decides to string the whole thing out no more.

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't get into the Wheel o' Time books until "Lord of Chaos" was released...So I had a few books to read to catch up to the current book. Now that I've been caught up, it's painful to wait 2 years for the next book!!

I've even thought about re-reading some of the earlier ones to re-fresh my memory during the long, painful, interim!

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Anyone know when "Naked Empire" the new Sword of Truth book by Terry Goodkind comes out?

As for the Wheel of Time ... if they would publish a "refresher book" that would fill me in on the main plot turns and twists before this next one ... I'd actually buy it. Its been so long and it usually takes me 1/4 of the book just to get back into it.

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] That's a good idea!!! I wonder if Cliff's Notes has a summary for them?!?! It's hard to remember what happened in book 1, and how it relates to what's going on now!

Remember when the Children of the Light were the biggest concern? Then the Seanchan whipped up on them like they were the Cincinnati Bengals! ;) :p

I liked the first book a lot - mostly because everything seemed so ho-hum and drab. Trollocs were fairytales to frighten children...The Rand & Co. left their little town...Good stuff! They've come a long way since then!

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Remember when Lan scared the crap out of Rand??? Now Rand's attitude would be more like.....

Weeping in pain from the freshly opened wound in his side, Rand mournfully created a sword out of fire. The blazing sword cut through Lan's steel blade and into his chest, draining lifeblood onto the floor. The little voice in Rand's head laughed wildly as the Dragon Reborn walked through the blood to his women, and forgot about his pain while bedding all three.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh it would be sweet if that happened Math! :evil:
    I am one of those people that reread the entire WoT series when a new book is released, first I read the new book quickly and then I start with the Eye of the World and read them all to the end of the newest one. I think I have read the entire WoT series atleast 5 times as a whole and some individual books a lot more than that.

Right now I am rereading Martin's last for the first time and I must say that it is even better than I remembered, I mean it is EXTREMELY good. I can easily red 100 pages in one go without even looking at the clock. I think he is the best character creator and describer I have ever read, everyone is extremely complex and his shades of gray are excquisite. Even the characters that doesnt get chapters of their own are rich, alive and believable and that without writing overly much about them. Just take The Mountain, without really writing very much about him Martin gives us a real good picture of him.

I would like to add that even though Goodkind is entertaining so is the first three books blatant ripoffs of Jordan, every concept is taking straight out of WoT and it is even more obvious than usual in fantasy books. Secondly so am I tired of the hero killing one baddie with the goodness of heart just for a new and worse one to take his place, without it really fitting the general storyline in my eyes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.