1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kangaxx quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by elvenmage, Mar 22, 2005.

1. elvenmage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I fought and killed the Lich in the bridge district but can't seem to defeat the one in the city gates at that inn. How do you defeat him when he uses meteor storm in a small room? Does that one have the arms or legs for Kangax?

[ March 25, 2005, 12:56: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Neither. The one you are looking for with the other body parts is below the temple district in the sewers.

The one in the inn has a neat sword and some other stuff (don't know how spoiled you want to be).

3. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

What kind of sword and what other stuff?

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The sword is Daystar - a great weapon against undead because it can cast Sunray (level 7 cleric spell) once per "day". The other stuff I think was some wands, maybe a ring of invisibility and a useless Rod of Terror that permanently lowers your charisma.

As for the meteor swarm, you can get away with getting hit bit the spell only once if you just exit the room and wait a bit.

5. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Just Run away and return few days later(Demon goes pop!)and hack Lich to bits

6. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

He cannot see invisible creature. And he doesn't bother to cast truesight although he has unlimited, so you can just improved invisible then hack him :shake:

If you want a fair battle, then protect from fire first ^^

7. Atari Man Gems: 6/31

Has anyone fought the demilich. You know, at the end of the quest when you've assembled all the parts. That is one crazy battle.
    *spoilers* He always casts time stop followed by those annoying symbal spells and as if things aren't hard enough, out comes a pit fiend.
    The demilich is the most ridicoulus monster to grace an RPG. He deals out death faster then Cyric.

8. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

* POSSIBLE SPOILER *

Are you looking for ways to beat him? I'd say it's pretty much your average lich-fight (Mace of Disruption +2 works like a charm) until he changes form - and by then you only need to counter his Imprisonment-spell:

a) Use Protection from Magic (scroll, Ribald),
    b) Send you mage in front and cast Spell Immunity: Abjuration and use your fighters to wack him with +4 two handed weapons,
    c) Use Berserker-rage,
    d) ...

Or just do a search on "Kangaxx". And if you weren't looking for tactics, just disregard this post :)

9. Arawn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

+4 weapons are rare.
    Now I use to save this fight until later but if you want to you can pretty much do it after you get the ring of the ram.
    Recruit Korgan and have three or more mages in your party. Load them up with melf's metors.

Standard lich kill + Korgan goes berserk and is immune. Then pelt him with meteors and finish him with ring of the ram.

10. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

There's a thread here discussing which weapons can hit Kangaxx. SPOILERS. There are guite a few. Also, keep in mind that you don't necessarily need a +4 weapon, just one that hits as a +4 weapon (my previous post may have been a bit vague on this point).

11. Timmian Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

whats the demi leche's story anyways..?? they are by far the most powerful monster in the game, which is ridiculous IMO.

12. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've had much more trouble with dragons than liches...maybe it's just me because I'm kinda new to the game. The Red Dragon killed me over and over (HATE that spell (wing buffet?) that throws you far away :aaa: ). But I killed Kangaxx with no deaths. I must admit though I was much higher in character levels when I killed Kangaxx. Maybe liches are just easier for a high level R/C than another type of character, or maybe I got just lucky with Kangaxx...nah...who am I kidding, I'm just afraid of those big mean dragons :mommy:

13. Minh So Gems: 6/31

Yes, dragons are generally tougher than liches. They have lower elemental resistant, breath weapon goes thru any spell protection, wing buffet always hit, strong claws, AND spells...

Liches're usually done by a skel warrior or two :)

14. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

I got all the parts for Kangaxx and fought him, but lost. Do you get anything out of that fight? Money, cool weapons, etc?

15. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

One of the best rings in the game.

:D

16. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

What does the ring do?

17. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A lot.
    AC +2, Saving Throws +2, Magic Resistance +10%, Immune to Poison and Disease, Regeneration, can cast Improved Haste three times per "day" and Invisibility once per "day."

Its has the abilities of five or six accessories but combined into one powerful item.

18. Vulpecula Equuleus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The Demi-Lich battle can be cheesy. Scroll of protection from magic and say the bone dagger, one character can take him out. That's assuming you don't have the Solaufein Mod.

19. Atari Man Gems: 6/31

As to an early question, yes I have fought and won againt the demilich. As to the "Ring Of Gaxx", it is THE most powerful ring you will get in BG2;SoA.

On a side note Gaxx is the last name of the man who invented D&D over thirty years ago. Just a strange coincident that I thought I would point out!

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, the name is Gary Gygax.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.