1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keldorn Location

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sokolovski, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Sokolovski Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Hello.

Where's Keldorn located at? I'm trying to add him to our Party before starting Cult of the Eyeless Quest.

I checked over by the Sewer Entrance (x3921 y2187) but couldn't find him. I have Viconia in my party... does this hinder Keldorn joining?

Thanks in advance.

2. tabari Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

He's in the northwest corner of the sewers in the Temple district.
    If you go straight north after fighting the rakshasa and kobolds, you'll run into a kinda hard fight with some thieves. Several mages as I remember. Take the path leading west if you want to skip that til later.

3. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    By the way, Viconia may not hinder Keldorn from joining but there can be problems when you put them together in the same party.
    I suggest you get another cleric, or have your patience ready.

4. tabari Gems: 3/31

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. They seriously do not get along. Aerie is a problem with Viconia as well. I broke down and got the Happy Party mod after a fight broke out.

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I thought what put Keldorn in the game was you had to accept the Unseeing Eye quest from the temple first. That's when he will be found in the northwest corner of the sewers.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Spelladonna is correct.

I find something weird about Keldorn they always say that he is one of the most powerful and respected members of The Order of The Radiant Heart. And yet he just abandons it all to fight along side you.

7. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

I don't think he so much as abandons the Order, but rather he is allowed to travel with you in order to rid the realms of evil. Also, IIRC, Keldorn was dispatched to meet with the PC in the sewers at the request of both the church and the Order, so he didn't exactly abandon the Order.

Very similar to when Anomen becomes a knight -- he would normally be Sir Ryan Trawl's man-at-arms upon receiving knighthood, but he is allowed to travel with the PC in lieu of that.

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The other thing is, he gives his word to the PC to help him find Imoen and help defeat Irenicus.
    His word is his bond.

The Order would expect no less of him.

9. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    But the fact that he gave his word to a chance-met stranger in the Sewers begs the question, no?
    The churches did lead you to him, but simply because you *look* faithful.

10. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

No, not because you "look" faithful. The temples (Helm & Lathander) view your alignment and reputation, to a degree, as in line with theirs. In order to rid the temple district of a great evil, they are willing to take the risk with the PC. Keldorn gives his word once you have proven yourself, i.e. eliminated the Unseeing Eye cult, and as long as you maintain at least a neutral path, he will continue to follow and serve.

While I've never played as an evil cleric, I would be hard pressed to believe that Keldorn would assist the temple of Talos in anything, much less assist one of their followers.

11. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31

If you have a romance with Viconia, does Keldorn interfere with that in any way? Will I eventually have to choose between two of them? I'd like to keep Keldorn and continue the romance.

12. tabari Gems: 3/31

I had both in my party and romanced Vic, but I had a Happy Party mod.
    Things never worked out before that.

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Keldorn won't stop you from romancing Viccy, but he will try to kill her. There's an exploit around this, however, so don't worry about it if you really want both (there's no RP way to justify it, though).

14. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Youre doing the Vic romance.
    Good luck than, for it is challenging and at times frustrating, but in the end it is exceedingly rewarding ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.