1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keldorn or Sarevok?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy, Jan 13, 2002.

1. [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Finally - I have just installed TOB and already from the start its hard. Not beating the silly monsters (muhahaha) but to deside what to do. I have already 6 caracters in my party and now I have to deside whether to skip Keldorn for Saravok. Keldorn has got some very decent stats (after giving him bracers of Dex) and most important he is able to use Carsomyr.... I kind of like the guy, but at the other hand I´m prepared to try something new. What good is Saravok, hes got ***** in two handed swords (uhhh -thats nice) but besides that. Someone is talking about him dealing 200 damage once in a while... Does he add interesting things to the gameplay??
    I really dont know what to do, and another reason for keeping keldorn is his detect evil spells, true seeing and things like that. Give me your thoughts about this. Do you get other 2 handed swords which can match the power of carsomyr... very frustrating!

I´m looking forward to working with you guys at this forum.

[And I'm looking forward to you reading the Forum Rules/FAQ or being booted. This is the third time I'm asking you, and I won't do it again. Excessive use of questionmarks is what I have to fix this time.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited January 13, 2002).]

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sarevok is good real good. He is awsome in melee. Almost too good. That deathbringer assault of his can be a real joykiller when he kill a dragon in a singlehit.
    Carsomyr is nice and if you play a good party you should go with Keldorn instead of Sarevok.

3. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sarevok all the way my friend. Why?

1) deathbringer assault
    2) smart/intelligent as hell
    3) better than any average fighter
    4) the best true warrior in the game
    5) and hes sarevok!!!!

it does not matter what alignment you are good or evil because in ToB depending on your course of actions you can change alignments of your party members. Ie, evil to good! So lead by example mon frere.

4. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

SAREVOK! why? cool portrait (always important), real good with two handed swords, and there are 2 or 3 great twohanders in TOB. Keldorn is too old and, personally, I found his goodie tooshoes attitude a bit annoying. plus, sarevok IS your brother.

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

Ack, tough decision. Do you have enough mages to cast True Sight and Breach? That's Keldorn's only real advantage over Sarevok IMO. Also you can dual class Sarevok to a Mage or a theif if you wish. The Holy Avenger isn't enough to warrent the use of Keldorn. Sarevok is a much better fighter and there are plenty of good non holy avenger two handers in ToB.

6. Berem Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] To be quite frank, Saverok.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sarevok. especially if you have Viccy in your party, because if you have both her and Keldorn, you can-t use her Turn Undead ability, because Keldorn gets confused. I didn't realize it at first, so I spent about five Dispel NMAgics on him, and even tried the Allmighty Ctrl-R and Ctrl-T...

Ara
    (45 minutes before psych class.... urgh)

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hmmm... after the terrible things that Sarevok did to the protagonist's foster father, Gorion; and tried to kill the main character I wouldn't gave him a chance after these events...If you are a role player type.

If not, then Sarevok is the best choice to take for a front line tank. His combat abilities are the far best amongst the NPC-s, mutch better than Keldorn's.

9. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

I didn't want the chaotic evil Sarevok in my party, but he gave me enough hints that he was questioning his former ways that I decided to chance it. Eventually he turned chaotic good -- I think even Keldorn would endorse taking Sarevok if he knew that was a possibility.

Anyway, it's hard to beat the 50% magic resistance and dispel magic you get with Carsomyr, but there is a two-handed sword that Sarevok can use that gives the same magic resistance (sword of grief, or something like that).

10. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I wouldn't ditch either of them - they are both great. Any other options? Who else is in your party?

11. [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy Gems: 2/31

well
    besides keldorn I´ve got

Raistlin (doh, what an bad fantasy I´ve got) mage -main caracter

Groucher - Half-orc fighter(needed for crom-fayoer (bad spelling there!)

Venus - cleric/thief - flail of the ages..

serena - (and I don´t really like tennis!!) mage/cleric

Kato X - half-orc kenzai (katana deathbringer muhahaha)

So what doyou say to these additional information. Skip Keldorn or maybe another. I think I will skip Keldorn since there arrantly are other great 2 handed swords in TOB besides Carsomyr and Saravok has ***** in those huge swords.

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] Not sure on this, but if you want the holy Avenger, why not dual Sarevok to a thief? Get the Use any Item ability, and equip Carsomyr...

Mhmm, wait Sarevok has 17 Dex... Isn't there a +Dex point in the machine in Watcher's Keep? You could use that, or would the gauntlets of Dexterity work as well?

13. [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy Gems: 2/31

If I dualed Saravok to a thief or something he would have to start at level 1 and then advance to level 19 before he could use his fighting skills again. -I doubt that would be wise. I believe he wouldn´t reach that level until the end of TOB (a level 4-5 thief would get his ass kicked way too often in TOB, right?)

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I dunno, if you take him along in those 'big xp questrewards' I think he'd level up rather quickly... After all, 50000xp for a low lvl char does level him a bit :)

[This message has been edited by Faragon (edited January 17, 2002).]

15. Cog Primius Guest

[​IMG] isnt keldorn good then you should have him in your party if you are a good guy
    otherwise use your brother

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    beeing good or not is no reason to choose Keldorn or Sarevok since it is up to you to make Sarevok turn good eventually.

Anyway, Sarevok is an awesome fighter, he has a way better punch than Keldorn even with Carsomyr. However, Keldorn's dispell magic and true sight comes in handy from time to time, but you can get along well without. I prefer Sarevok.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I had them both, but then again I hate magic. My solution to most fights is "CHARGE!!!!"

One mistake I made though ... I did DC Saravok to thief, but I had already completed the Watcher's Keep. He had just barely broken even by the end of the game, and never recieved any high-level abilities.

As the great song writer Alannis Morisette says, "You live, you learn ... " ;)

18. Alith Anar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I can't STAND Keldorn. He's too weak to be a good fighter anyway... and another thing for all you "goody-goody" players who want Keldorn because he'd LG. If you really played as Good characters YOU WOULDN'T HAVE HIM ANYWAY!!!! Remember that he asks to leave and live with his family? You would have let him go and managed without him if you were REALLY good.

I gave Carsomyr to Jan anyway...... now THAT was a laugh :D

Sarevok is PLENTY better. WAY more hitpoints, WAY better damage, better proficiencies, better strength, better portrait... need I go on? RPGs are one part of life where we do NOT have to settle for mediocrity. Don't fall into that trap by keeping Keldorn.

19. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Drop Kato X and keep both Keldorn and Sarevok.

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

stat-wise, sarevok is better.
    And sarevok is your brother!!! keep your family close, I'm telling ya! ;)

brothers in arms, hail!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.