1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing the iron golem in Dragon's Eye

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by COPENHAGEN, May 5, 2003.

1. COPENHAGEN Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

guys, i need some help and tips in killing the iron golem in the dragon's eye.. my attacks and spells has no effect in this monster.. this monster is worst and more tougher than the yuan-ti dragon.. :<

[ May 05, 2003, 15:25: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The golem can only be hit by +3 weapons or better, so make sure you're equiped, then beat it up.

Spells are tricky I think as I'm sure the magic resistance is high.

3. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

magic resistence reduces the amount of magic damage, right? that would go the same for monsters/undead/constructs too?

so if you did an instant death spell, like wail of the banshee, finger of death, disintigrate, etc., then how would you determine if the spell would work or not?

4. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I solved this way:

4 party members away
    2 party members - melee fighters (high hit points, enchantment weapons, I think hammers and other bludgeoning)

1 of the melee characters runs around the "room" (I choose the one attacked by golems), the other tries to hit those golems while waiting on them running nearby ...

When those ugly golemns chase both my melee characters, I let them run in opposite directions ...

Meanwhile other characters approaching and helping with:
    cleric heals, magiers casts haste, stoneskin and other useful buffs

First time I run into "ambush" they slashed my weaker characters (in the meaning of hit points) - it was the end; after reloading I did it one the next try (according to above described arrangement) ...

Helps ?

5. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I solved it by sneak attacking with my theif. My paladin was the only person who could hit it (for a whopping 1-3 damage) until my theif, who was whaling on the thing from behind, happened to land a sneak attack. I adjusted my tactics accordingly, and managed to squeak out a kill on the thing.

6. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

These pieces of s**t are very tough opponents. I couldn't beat them so I decided to take the easy way: cheating hehehe :D ctrl+Y and they're as dead as dodos. :D :D

7. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Alexander - kinda spoils the challenge of the game.

Urgazhi - Magic resistance determines the chance of making the spell hit, not the damage taken. There is another variable for lowering damage taken though I can't remember what it was called off the top of my head.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.