1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing the Twins

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Spellbound, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Can anyone suggest what works best against the twins? I've got 4 greatswords +5 and bludgeoning weapons of +5 as well. Neither of these weapon types appear to be making much of a difference. I've tried casting Dispel Magic and Silence on the two of them, but that doesn't appear to have much affect either. I'm on about my 6th reload. :bang: Any suggestions?

2. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I focused my attacks on Isair, since physical damage did not really hurt Madae any. I mainly attacked with +5 arrows and my fighter was attacking with the club of disruption. Strat wise, I took out all their henchmen first, with one or two attacking the twins to keep Isair from casting Improved Invis., then took Isair down.

I did notice that sometimes the cast spells on themselves that nullifies almost all damage. My second time fighting them, after taking out the henchmen, I could not damage Isair with anything. So, I attacked Madae for a while to keep her from casting. And then after a few rounds Isair was vunerable again-so I took him out. IMO he seems to be the easier of the two to take out (as long as you can see him, or if you have enough See Invis spells).

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

My strategy was similar to yours, but we were still having the difficulties. I'll try it again!
    Thanks!

4. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Also, it may or may not do you any good, but if you have the holy avenger then it doesn't cost you anything... Try hitting them with a couple of dispel magics. In the process of freeing my guys and gals from the effects of Blasphemy Isair was hit with a few of my dispel effects...

Also, use high powered holy spells like holy word they may help, especially if you use Malison first... Other than that spells like Horrid Wreathing and DBFireball seemed to work as well, but since my guys were firing 5 arrows a round I tended to stick with physical damamge.

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Take out all of the minions first, because if you don't, you'll be taking alot of damage from them. Kill the one guy to the southwest, behind that wall first, he is by far the most annoying!

6. LDusan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You should kill the summoner mage immediately, because there is no point in fighting summoned demons because he will keep makin new ones. He is behind the eastern wall. You should haste one or more of your fighters. Once you get to the second part, focus all your attention to Isair, and cast Otiluke's resilent sphere on knights. By the way 6 times is not so much, it took me like 15 times to beat Xvim.

7. Scott Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

First, you have to have the patch!! Other wise, invisible Isair will kill everyone. If you have the patch...

Killing the little summoner to the far right is key. The other thing is summoning some major madness of your own. I maxed out the summoned monsters, including two undead and the Elemental Legion, who surrounded Madae. (Casting haste on your summoned creatures is key)
    I let Isair fight the summoned creatures for a while, laying into him with arrows of dispelling, etc, until his spell protections wore off. (Your ranged weapons with +5 ammo can hit Isair and really hurt him...you have to bide your time until that fire shield runs out...best way to do that is keep summoning distractions for him) Then I beat the living snot out of him. The entire time, my Elemental Legion had Madae trapped.

After the twins went to the tainted pool, I simply surrounded Isair again and pounded him to dust.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.