1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Korgan attacking me, gauntlets of ogre power, and Bard strength boosters

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Izaad, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Izaad Guest

[​IMG] Um, yeah...Whenever I begin a battle, Korgan, who has a wizard killer script, goes for ME, a sorcerer. Actually, it happen whenever there are no wizards to kill, though that isnt very cool at all. On another note, I want an additional pair of Gauntlets of Ogre Power, ive been told I can get them from the Black Market, but Ive killed all the thieves, I think, I have the other pair from the planar sphere. Finally, I just got Haer'Dalis, and hes cool, but could be stronger. What kind of Boost items can bards use, I think the Gauntlets, but i have to check.

2. total Guest

Well, Korgan is evil so if you go around and have high reputation from helping others, do good deeds, he disagrees and atacks! As for gauntlets, I only found one pair (sphere), and bards can wear them. But he can wear gridle of hill giant strenght i think.

[This message has been edited by total (edited February 06, 2002).]

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1. Turn of the party AI to avoid Korgan's issues (I admit I've never experience that problem).

2. No second Gauntlets of Ogre Power without cheating

3. Gauntlets of Ogre Power can't be used by bards. For other main stats increase, bards can use Gauntlets of Dexterity (DEX=18) and Ring of Human Influence (CHR=18). Also bard can use all girdles : of Hill Giant (STR=19), of Stone Giant (STR=20), of Frost Giant (STR=21) and of Fortitude (CON=18 once per day, lasts 8 hours).

4. I hope there won't be spams for items that increase derived skills, second grade stats, spells to memorize, etc

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited February 06, 2002).]

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hehe, I had that exact problem with Mazzy using the wizard killer script. She always tryed to kill the nearest spell caster, which was Jaheira standing right next to each her.

I kept wondering why I was healing those two so much, and I look over during a fight with some drow, and they're fighting each other. Really poorly done AI script.

5. Izaad Guest

Hey, thanks, I can get the girdle o HGS at the adven mart right? I dont want to give him gauntlets cause im makin the hammer. Yeah I may be too "good", i need to lower my rep, but im afraid ill lose some of my neutral characters. Suggestions?

6. A reputation of 10 is good if you have evil/neutral people your party.

7. Lord Sarevok Guest

Here's how I usually lower my reputation:

1. Cast detect evil

2. Locate the evil character(that's non quest related) and charm them.

3. Lure the them to an isolated area with no other NPCs near by.

4. Whack 'em!

If you did it correctly no others in the area should turn hostile and you'll recieve the reputation decrease. And one less evil person in the world!

5. If you didn't recieve a rep decrease, repeat the process until you do.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Or....

1. Turn Party AI off. (Doing the following with it on can be disasterous)

2. Take a thief with weak Pick Pockets ability

3. Try to pickpocket someone non-dangerous, kids are good

4. You fail, and get a rep drop of 2.

(Imoen tried pickpocketing a child, failed, and because I had AI on and then shot her... rep loss of 9 in total... Ouch...)

Ara
    (Reputation is to be avoided at all costs. Being unknown is so much better...)

9. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How do you turn the AI off?

10. Fiddlebender Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You click on the little "lantern" button in the bottom right hand corner. (Didn't read the manual eh?:))

Doh! Just realised my profile had been deleted...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.