1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lesbian Love?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neverworlder, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I have this question at the end of an almost unrelated string, so I thought I should make it it's own string so it won't get lost...

I have a question about the love interest thing. I just started playing (just cleared
    out the circus) and haven't really encountered any sleep-with-me stuff yet. But, Aerie recently commented on how attractive I looked in a certain light (I forget what prompted her). Killjoy Jaheira of course chastised her ("This is not the time or place!" type of thing). But it sure felt like a come-on, the little minx.

The only thing is: my protagonist is female! Is lesbian love blooming before my eyes?

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Actually i beleive that she says that to the first female character down your character list...

3. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31

So she was talking to Jaheria (who was the first non-protagonist female in my list) and not my Kensai girl? But that's still pretty sapphic, isn't it?

4. Wingfoot Guest

5. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Have any of you read the BG2 book? There IS a lesbian love scene in that, all I can say is wow, that was the only part of the entire book that was NOT a waste of paper. You will never look at Imoin in the same way again... The rest of the book is horrid, it basically just takes the game story line waters it down and cuts out all the side quests, with only a few minor changes. Oh, and the protaganists love scene with Bhodi isnt bad either.

6. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] What the heck?? Sex with a vampire?? Lesbian scenes??

Can these really substitute a good story??? FLUFF!

Man.....what a waste. I hear the Warhammer 40K books are way better. I'm going to look for the Eye of Terror.

7. Elverath Gems: 7/31

Very off topic...

i cant stand lesbians and homosexuals, they just defy the laws of god and nature...

8. Hope Gems: 3/31

What is your fascination with lesbians? it's really quite dull...um, I really should keep my mouth shut! (before anyone asks-no, I'm not) : P

9. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Wow. A caveman with a computer. Welcome to the real world, Elverath. That you can't stand something you know nothing about is called ignorance; it's not something you should be crowing about. "I'm a bigot." Well, good for you.

And, no, I don't consider myself fascinated with lesbians: I simply asked a question because a female character seemed to come on to another female character. Guess I should have pretended it didn't happen and kept my mouth shut.

This is really disappointing. I keep forgetting that having a computer and playing fantasy games doesn't necessarily make you progressive or intelligent. Some of you are no more evolved than your common hillbilly. It's really too bad.

10. Hope Gems: 3/31

point made, but hey, a bit harsh?

-and I was only joking, I meant it as a rhetorical question!

[This message has been edited by Hope (edited November 04, 2000).]

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oof... I think part of being mature/progressive/intelligent is allowing people to express their opinions without name calling and jumping down their throat.

12. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31

Sorry, maybe I did get a little angry and defensive. But the next time someone casually calls you an abomination, let me know how it feels.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh I'm not saying I don't understand; I just feel a more "enlightened" discussion does more good than mud slinging...

14. Hope Gems: 3/31

let's all be friends eh guys?

each to there own and all...

15. burntime Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] i seem to recall that roleplayers were classed as an "abomination in the eyes of god" some time back - book burnings in the city of coventry (UK), archbishops foaming about satanists perverting our youth etc...

16. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31

Wow, talk about a discussion going downhill..... And in reply to Rakanishu, yes the book was a waste, I believe I am less intelligent just for wasting my time reading it.

17. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Back to the subject, Aerie commenting on Jahira's pretty hair, emotionally, she's very
    much an innocent little girl. Very childlike. It's like a nine year old giving a compliment to her teacher.

18. derah Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You are spot on CrazyJ.
    I don't think that Aerie had any female role models. Just her uncle Quayle
    Jaheira commented on her being naive as well.

19. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

On the subject of the BG2 novel, don't read it, it's very bad. Why was that guy ever let near a pen and paper? Possibly the worst book i've ever read.

20. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Not to sound like I am lecturing, but this is a public board and you are allowed to voice your opionion in anyway one sees fit. Personally, i am not about to jump into this disagreement between Elverath and neverworlder, but i think everyone should keep their preferences to themselves. If someone does voice their opinion, why can't we all act mature about it and not go into mud-slinging. Just a thought, not trying to offend anyone because I couldn't count the number of times I already have. Also, this is a game, and we should not take this all too seriously. I mean, the relationships add to the game, but remember this is a story set in the forgotten realms, not the real world. So please, enough of the "real-life" refernces/talk.
    By the way, about a responsepost I put up along time ago in disagreement with another, sorry sminnis.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.