1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Level Drain?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Kenixkil, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What does it do? And how do you erase the effects? The potion of lesser restoration didn't remove it...

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Not sure, but I'm thinking it can have differnt effects. I've only been level drained once so far, and all it did was suck away hp I guess. I never saw any actual negative levels on the character sheet, but ah well. You can remove whatever effects are on your character from level drain with a restoration scroll. Hopefully you can cast one, else you'll have to go to the local temple and get it removed.

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah, lesser restoration only restores ability loss. You need the full Restoration to get back level drain.

4. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

As Crawl said I would just go to the Temple of Tyr and have the healer remove it. All you have to do is use the Stone of Recall and your there. That's pretty much what I did if I needed to get rid of it. :p

5. ivanatora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Or rest some days. This works too.

6. Void Gems: 10/31

Level Drain appears to give a small penalty to your attacks (either 1 or two per level drained I think...) and the same penalty to your saves.

As said above, the best way to remove it is to get the healer to heal you at the temple of tyr.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Void is correct. It is (-1 to hit, -1 universal saves)/level drained. There are no negative hitpoints, no loss of spell casting abilities, or any other penalties.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.