1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Looking for good mods, that are compatible with each other.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by vulgarmonkey, Jan 26, 2003.

1. vulgarmonkey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've completed SoA & ToB about 5 times now, and i'm looking for lots of new mods to freshen things up.

I was thinking about all the extra character (Solafeuin, Valen, Kelsey, Tashia) mods as well as item upgrade, ascension, TDD, and others.

I basically want to add as many mods as i can that will work together without problems. Can anyone help me out?

2. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Generally, you can put 1 TLK overwriting mod such as TDD in first, and then add onto it several in WeiDU (such as Solaufein) or possibly IAP-SFX (such as Freedom's Reign) format.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    As a rule of thumb: if it is a WeiDU mod, then it will be combatible with any other WeiDU mod. Here is a very good list of WeiDU mods.
    Also, here is a list of mods that I would recomend for you:
    Kelsey - both SoA and ToB
    Solaufien
    Dungeon-B-Gone
    Items Upgrade
    Tactics
    Ease of Use :rolling:

[ January 26, 2003, 22:21: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

4. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

While that's not completely true, I'm not going to turn this into yet another large scale WeiDU debate :D

5. jcompton Gems: 9/31

I do heartily recommend you bring Kelsey, and if you like romancing Aerie or Jaheira, grabbing their flirt pack. If you want to skip the start dungeon, grab Dungeon Be Gone.

All of those are from http://www.forgottenwars.net.

Westley Weimer has written a bunch of interesting mods, at http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate .

And yes, they all work together. :)

6. The Abyss Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Is the ascension mod good? And as for baldurdash, I've seen 2 versions, one on the balderdash site, and another called the "Balderdash remix". Are there any differences, and which one should I install? Thanks.

7. esabulao Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The Ascension mod is definitely good. It was the first I ever tried. However, make sure that you've got some really good tactics because you will really need them.

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Don't try TDD. It screws the game and is plain STJUPID.

9. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

"Screws the game" means adding new sidequests, kits, and so on, I assume?

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think Eze is referring to a whole number of horror stories that I've heard as well.

1) the TDD is bug-riddled to the point of driving gamers insane.

2) the quests aren't very well thought out or stimulating.

3) Whoever did the dialogues needs to take high school English classes all over again.

At least, that's what I've been constantly hearing.

[ January 29, 2003, 00:48: Message edited by: Beren ]

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

...and you can get TDD only from FilePlanet = 1 hour waiting, if you´re lucky, + 2 hours downloading. Of course, you have to get that patch too: 1 hour + ... It´s not simply worth it.

[ January 29, 2003, 10:13: Message edited by: Virne ]

12. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

I have heard mixed reports about TDD recently. Some people say they have found no bugs, or that those they have are very minor. Others say it is horrific. Might I suggest that perhaps the bugs have now been patched, and some people have failed to acknowledge this? I don't really know for sure.

In any case, if TDD isn't your thing, there are still other larger mods out there, such as Shadows over Soubar or Tortured Souls.

13. jcompton Gems: 9/31

There's a flaw in one of the BD Remix 1.0.2 patches that can cause crashing if anyone uses the assassin Poison Weapon ability, so for now the original is safer, but once Remix gets cleaned up some more it will be a good choice for those who have already installed mods on their game.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Nalia romance and Tashia aren't compatable.

Always install Tashia first too with NPC mods

15. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Then where can we find Equalizer Piece when we use "Dungeon Be Gone"

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Right before you leave, you get a bunch of gold, experience and items (as if you had done most of the dungeon yourself).

17. jcompton Gems: 9/31

Yes, you will get the pommel gem in the bunch of goodies Jasper gives you when he takes you to the exit.

18. Jechor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Okay a few things.

1) Yes TDD had a lot of bad raps about a year or more ago. But that was when only version 1.01 and the like were out. There were a lot of bugs yes, a lot of horror stories, etc. They are now up to 1.03a, I don't know how buggy it is now, I haven't installed it yet, but I have recently downloaded it, but I am yet to get all the way through ToB without any mods installed, and I want to go all the way through before I go editing. But really as for TDD ? Well, all I suggest is maybe people should think back about certain games they've played, and how buggy they may have been. No game is without bugs, and the one thing I can say about TeamBG who did make TDD, they weren't backaward at coming out with solutions to bugs, and it wasn't just the writers that came out with solutions, some of the players who had plenty of experience came up and wrote patches for them. So really for the work that's been put into TDD, they should be given some credit and not the amount of flack they get. The only other thing people should consider, is TDD was the very first full blown mod for the first part of BG2, and no one else was really doing a lot at the time when it came to BG2 mods. Also, one of the reasons there may have been so many bugs, is I'm sure people would not have read the fine print in some circumstances and tried to play TDD, with ToB installed. Prior to 1.03 I believe TDD was never compatible with ToB, and TDD actually was released before ToB was released, I'm not 100% certain on that. But bagging the first project of it's kind, well it's not overly useful or helpful to the guys who continue to repair any bugs that people still find in it.

2) Tortured Souls? Is that a mod or a conversion for BG2 ? The link for the address isn't actually on the www.teambg.net site, and I can't actually see anything on their page that says whether it's a conversion or a mod, I assume a conversion.

3) Basically, I plan on installing mods, that are not conversions, and don't go and delete areas or npc's or anything else. TDD certainly keeps most stuff in tact. My current plan is to install TDD, Shadows over Soubar, Freedom's Reign, Reign of Virtue and possibly Mortis' Mini Mod The Forgotten Children.

4) How do the Weidu mods' fit in with anything ? I don't plan on installing Acension, due to that changing the ending of ToB, and I'd only install that, after I've got through BG2 and ToB, and then BG2 and Tob with various other mods.

Finally the last point:
    Again on TDD briefly, it has copped a lot of flack, but yet Shadows over Soubar, Tortured Souls, Epic Endevaours and a few others have not received the same criticism, for whatever reason, but they're still put out by TeamBG, but most likely with different writers, I haven't checked that. But frankly for someone to bag one project out of 5-10 projects, well I think it's a little hypocritical.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    When you see something discussed here, assume it's on SP. We list all non-TeamBG mods in BG2/Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection.

20. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

Tortured Souls is not a conversion, but a 'larger' mod, and the site is here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.