1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lowering reputation

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Credeiki, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Credeiki Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here. In my party I have:
    my PC(female chaotic good fighter)
    Keldorn
    Viconia
    Haer'Dalis
    Aerie
    Nalia
    I'm planning to dump Nalia later, but that's irrelevant. my problem is that I have a reputation of 18 and I don't want Viconia to leave. I also don't want Keldorn to attack her and have no clue how to avoid that happening later. Is there any way to lower my reputation only by a couple points? I know that when I kill an innocent common person, it gets set to 9. I'd rather have it at 13-16. Any suggestions?

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Depending on what point in the game you're at, you may be able to turn into the Slayer, which lowers it by 2, IIRC.

There are also quests you can do which lower it slightly. Off the top of my head there's an evil option to the Druid Grove quest, and a quest you can get from Firkraag. Unfortunately, you have to be evil to get these.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Find a non-essential merchant in an out-of-the-way place and pickpocket until you fail. Don't kill him though.

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well the easiest way to loose reputation is to turn into the slayer but as I doubt you have the ability to do so yet, I'd just suggest killing a commoner and rising your reputation up to the level where you like it by donating to a church or like mentioned earlier take the "evil" option in some quests. Just make sure if you take the first option that you kill a commoner in some very isolated place so that everyone in that area won't turn hostile on you.

Edit: Yay new gem! No...wait, this gem is booring and gray I want the old one back! :D

5. tabari Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Possible Spoiler Alert!

I tried to do this without a mod and gave up. Basically you need to do something bad. Such as shoplift(but not from Adventurer's Mart-you need them!) and get caught.
    Or you could collect the ransom from the buried alive guy. He's the one you find in the graveyard.
    Turning in Valygar will cost you rep pts.
    But its possible Keldorn might leave if you do some of the above stuff.
    I found it was easier just to get a happy party mod. I haven't had any problems and its more natural than trying to manipulate rep with actions you wouldn't normally make.
    You can get Happy Group here.
    Good Luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  6. Credeiki Gems: 1/31

I guess I'll try pickpocketing. I've done the Druid Grove and killed Firkraag already, so that's out of the question. And for the ransom, I have the note but I can't find the person outside the Copper Coronet at night! Is it because I already talked with lady E-something and had her give me a couple hundred gp?
    I don't really want to use a mod, though if all else fails I'll try.
    Thanks.

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

If you have Viconia in your Group and your rep is 18, I guess your rep is actually 20.
    Every time viccy joins a group its rep falls 2 points and raises again when she leaves. If at any time you are about to get a rep increase remove her (rep = 20) and then get her back (rep = 18). Im told this works fine and no evil guys leave in a hurry, while your rep hangs around 20 for a short time.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can also hit a commoner (with your fist so that you don't kill him) (again, pick an out-of-the-way spot).

9. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

[​IMG] WARNING: It is not recommended that you try the above using a Monk ;)

10. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

In the Underdark, (Drow city), you have the option of going to watch slaves jump into lava, that lowers your rep a bit. ;)

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Also, there's no way to guarantee that Keldorn and Viconia won't get into a fight (regardless of what your reputation is) but the odds of them getting into a fight are very low. It can happen, at any time, but generally speaking, they don't. I've had both of them in my party the entire game, and they never fought each other.

12. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You are lucky Aldeth.
    Keldron is constantly after Viccy in my current game. I'm in chapter 2 and Keldron has given Viconia the ulimatum like 5 times already.
    It seems he doesn't mind her if they are kept apart some 20' distance. That might be something to try.

13. nashadoe Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] On a related note, is there any way to have Viconia in your party and a 20 reputation at the same time? She's the only evil character I'm really interested in keeping, but I'm wondering if she leaves if, after her joining, the party rep goes back up from 18 to 20. Or is that not even possible with her in the party? :confused:

Also, are there any other effects from the difference in reputation between 18 and 20 other than the cost of items in shops?

14. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Cast a Fireball towards one commoner. Your reputation will suffer with 5 points. That was my deal with Viconia... :) She was complaining that my reputation was 19 and after I killed accidently one commoner - it went down to 15. Worked quite well... Actually this continued my Romance plot with her...

15. Equinux Gems: 1/31

From a roleplaying point of view, I'd say using the slayer in a tough dungeon goes well to reduce rep by 2. It's cool to watch him kick asss in say the Mind Flayer dungeon in Ath sewers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.