1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

mage vs cleric and kensai/mage vs berserker/cleric one on one

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by 14, May 22, 2003.

1. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I just want to know what do you think if a cleric fight a mage one-on-one, who will win?
    And what if a kensai/mage fight a berserker/cleric one-on-one.
    Since it's one to one fighting, don't over look spells you normally don't use. Like harm(ignores stone skin), charm, protection of xx etc.
    And if you like, let's suppose everyone is immune to time stop.
    cheers

2. Demogorog Gems: 4/31

What level, what equipment?

For example a level 1 cleric beats the hell out of a level 1 mage but a level 40 mage would probably win agains a level 40 cleric.

And why should Time Stop not be allowed?

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I would really need more specific information on character level to answer that question. With a cleric versus mage, for the low and middle levels, a cleric is superior due to more HP's and a mages relatively low number of spells. I'd say the mage takes over around the point he starts being able to cast level 6 spells. By the time level 8 and 9 spells are available, the mage is far superior.

With the beserker/cleric, and the kensia/mage, I'd make the exact same arguement. Low to mid levels, I'll take the beserker/cleric. Higher levels, I'll take the kensai/mage

4. Dark_Paladin_Draco Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I only have 1 thing. Mage vs Cleric... Mage wins easily... Clerics can't pump out anywhere near as much damage as clerics. Time stop sucks anyhow, all you need is horrid wilting... Game over cleric. d8 damage no limit... hmmm... 40d8 anyone? Depends if the cleric can paralyze the mage. If the mage is immune, goodbye cleric. Magic res isn't gonna help a cleric either... Spell trigger=3 lower resistance spells... Works well. Melee though, depends entirely upon equipment... Cleric with crom feyer wins... most of the time... Keep in mind I mean no spells whatsoever.

5. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If we are speaking about the Crom:
    Mage can get the Staff of Magi and with a Cloak of non detection logicaly can't be see... (i have never tried it). It's hard to fight against a non visible enemy... (count on the reequip option)

Magic missile can be good too at lower levels, because the resistance is calculated one by one. Some of them will hit...

6. 14 Gems: 4/31

cleric has a 'shield of achorns' which will absorb a few spells. And cleric's combo of 'flail of ages + harm' can kill you in one hit. Mage can use protection from magic probably, but he still is down to one hit point.
    Anyway I consider it's at least an even contest.

7. Bassilus Banned

To answer Demogorog's first question, it's because he wants to give the obvious winners, the mages, a disadvantage.

Kensai is a master of one on one; magic will give him protection; this is an EASY win.

The Cleric has HORRIBLE attack power. They could buff up all day and not do jack to a mage. Imprisonment.

The creator knew the mages had the advantage from the start. News flash: this topic is trolling.

Mages are the most powerful class. Period.

I'm tired of the way everything on this forum revolves around powergaming and cheap tactics of any kind you can use to win. No wonder you think Shangalar is difficult, lol.

8. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

the mage class would win, time stop and imprisonment is priceless.....

9. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

To whoever said time stop is useless you have obviously never heard of improved altricity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.