1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Man peed way out of avalanche

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Bion, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Beer: the new survival gear. :beer:

2. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

lmao!!! :lol: :lol: That's brilliant! So as you fight cancer you free yourself from an avalance :D :beer:

Beer seems to have so many uses.... ;)

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LMAO! What the hell?

Why didn't he just fill his car with snow? I would have left a hole more than big enough for his body to fit into and allow him to continue digging to the surface.

I'd say he escaped the hard way :lol:

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

LOL :lol:

I guess pouring the beer on the snow to melt it is too much of a waste of beer.

Wow, he stayed focused on peeing even after that much beer!

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Pfft! That's nothing! I farted myself out after 26 burritos :p

6. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I hope he had alot of Jagermeister (very strong stuff) the evening before, because that stuff just can't freeze.

7. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Yeah, sure. I'd say that after about the 20th, he urinated on himself. Realizing that he'd better not keep doing that, he figured he'd better pee out the window. Once he'd finished of #60 and realized he was out of beer, he opened the door to go on a beer run. By then, he had himself a nice tunnel to the surface. :grin:

8. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

A new urban legend?

Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. There were at least a few things he could have done:
    - turning on the engine. There was little oxygen, true, but exhaust fumes and engine heat would at least heat up his surroundings (and it would stay warm, because of being under the snow);
    - using beer itself on the snow;
    A heavy object with large surface will not bury itself deep in the avalanche, so it was easy to get out one way or another.

This story sounds pretty silly. I think the guy just ignored the standard rules in the mountains, and got drunk, and then lost on a trail. That would also explain the hurting liver and kidneys. The car? Maybe he hit some tree, and to avoid being caught and punished, he pushed it down a ledge?

Many possibilities, but I doubt the man's story.

9. Bion Gems: 21/31

I find, after drinking a certain amount of beer, that peeing is one of the *only* things I can concentrate on effectively! :D

Well, here's the source, if you want to verify...

1) What were you doing driving around with 26 burritos in your car, and 2) did you do that by lighting matches and blasting your way out? :o :flaming: :)

10. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I know only a very little about Ananova, but it is a "real" news outlet--if a bit gimmicky. If the story is false, I imagine they'll issue a retraction.

11. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ROFL 60 bottles, thats 30 liter! There is no way you can drink that much and climb out of your car-window :D in fact you can never drink so much and survive, its a hundred bottles in normal 33cl size!
    I hope the writer of this article meant thats it was the amount of bottles the guy took with him and not the number he drunk, or else he makes himself totally unbelievable, whick would be pretty bad because it is such a nice story ;)
    Please more topics about pro´s of drinking beer!

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Erm...yes, it's definitely possible to survive something like that.

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hear the fellow! It is possible to survive from an avalance simply by drinking a lot of beer and pissing off all the snow! I bet the mountain won't be trying to drown you again, after that. :lol:

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, err...
    I had to deliver them. Yes, deliver them. But then I got stuck in the snow and grew hungry. It got pretty dark and smelly in the car and used a match to see how to open my window...

Doesn't sound trustworthy, does it? :p

15. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Heh, what a manly thing to do. :p

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

That's kind of strange.

First of all, he's got snow all around him. Eat the snow==fresh water==flush out your kidneys, Also would make you cold, but that's my next point.

The beer wasn't solid. 3% beer or stronger, would have melted the ice just as well as his urine. He should have cut loose with his full bladder to get things started (heat and salt), then poured beer to melt the rest of the snow below him.

At least he lived. :)

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Perhaps it would had been better that he would had died. Natural selection, and the average intelligence of mankind would had instantly risen by 1%. :spin:

18. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I think the guy was probably unaware of his action. I know I wouldn't be after that.

19. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Actually snow dehiedrates you, don't ask me I just know that it does. But then again so does alcohol...

How could he have told them after that much beer... :confused:

20. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I wished more problems could be solved by simply peeing through them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.