1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Meaning behind your Title

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Clixby, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When you chose your screenname, was there a specific reason for the one you chose?

Mine's Mediocre Man because of a idea I had a while ago of a man who is completely inept by day.
    However, when the sun goes down and crime comes out to play, our mild-mannered underachiever becomes...Mediocre Man, Average Crime-Fighter.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Mine's easy. I support the North Harbour rugby team.

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I raced an RC Rally car while pregnant with my first.

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Just a name that jumped into my head when I was naming a paladin, and it happened to be the character I was playing when I joined SP.

5. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Mine belongs to the full name:

Eldular Mitharr, son of a legendary necromancer who called himself "Sinecro". Although, he realised what evil he had become and decided to change his path to become a ranger (archer) named Erul'dar Mitharr. Of course, his evil past eventually cought up with him. One late night while he was having horrid nightmares of the past that visit him every day, the god of death and the dead; Kelemvor, came to give him a visit. He turned him into a demi-lich forever cursed to be Kelemvor's guardian of the dead. Ever since, Eldular Mitharr has been trying to rescue his father from his eternal prison. Eldular is a level 15 Ranger (Archer)/Summoner.

Need to know more? :D

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Part of a rival school's name and it's original.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    It's actualy a Combination of him and him

Why? Dunno, I wanted a kind of a warriorish French Canadian name, anyway it's quite unique!

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Like dmc I just use my initials. The story of how I started using them is probably in one of the threads that dmc linked to.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... wasn't there a similar topic not too long ago?

Anyways... For the screen name, it's from a Testament song. The "Preparing The Coming of The New Order" title was chosen to appease the little anarchist sleeping inside me. :evil: Also, the "The New Order" part is another Testament song.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Hmm, when I clicked on this topic I expected it to be about the custom titles. But if we're doing screen names again, I suppose that's good too. A felinoid is a cat-like humanoid, and it's also the name of a rakshasa bard character of mine (Pheal Y'Noyt) who happens to be my favorite. I was thinking of him when I signed up.

FYI, the custom title is a quote by Homer Simpson, from the show "The Simpsons".

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My name is because I am a fan of English cricket, football and rugby. Hence the name, Barmy Army.

My title is to show that I am the numero uno with sports knowledge. Harbs wishes he was it, but he aint. Let's all ridicule him - the failure.

13. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    In the honour of my favourite singer the "Ice Queen", the "Diva/Goddess of Asian Pop :angel: ", the one and only: Faye Wong. Absolutely adore her :love:

14. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

my avatar is air elemental, air => sky. quote is "in search of faye". Sky was Faye Wong's song. (it all adds up)

teekc is just an abb. of me name.

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hugo is my first name IRL as well... I saw no reason not to use another here. (even though I started on some other uninspired names)
    :borg:

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's been my online handle for years. Funk because funk kicks a$$ and Jack just because. :cool:

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

another of these eh :p

it's another name for hermes or mercury. i guess i chose it because he's a pretty cool god and this version of his name isn't nearly as well known as the others.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    name, I ain't going to exolain. one it soo many times int he past, (hint: it was a typo :D ) as for the title.. well, iut is an indside joke of great magnitude, and a ripoff of "Intel inside" :D

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Noooooooo?? :p

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh and my custom title come froms Anne Rice's Interview with the vampire book, when Armand says, « The world change, we do not therein lies the irony ». At first I wanted a vampire avatar but found none.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.