1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Memorizing level nine spells

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Yoseph, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Yoseph Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Interesting question. The expereinceCap in BG2 limits the mage to 17th level.

When a mage becomes level 18 he can memorize 9th level spells. This means that in ToB You can memorize 9th level spells. For now You will have to settle with casting them as scrolls or stock them in Your backpack.

3. Yoseph Gems: 1/31

What if you use the cheats?

4. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

No, only if you download the experience cap remover here at this site.

5. Yoseph Gems: 1/31

I did that and have leveled all my chaarters up to level 30 and up

6. ayecapitan Guest

Something be wrong with this lad
    Why cheating? Enjoy the game as it is, and 'tis marvellous with lvl9 spells in scrolls, fer they are too much power to be memorized :)

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited June 12, 2001).]

7. Yoseph Gems: 1/31

I have already beat the game without the cheats just trying to have some fun.

8. Hayashi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

IIRC your mage also needs to have 18 in INT in order to be able to memorise lvl 9 spells.

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] If you already beated the game, then you should make it yourself harder instead of making it more easy.....

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

not necessarily. I think its likewise as fun to screw around with the game in all sorts of ways. Experiment with it. But only after´completing it.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited June 12, 2001).]

12. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think that removing the experience cap temporarily isn't that bad cheat. I did it once when my sorcerer reached the XP cap before entering Suldanesselar. I did not cheat the experience!
    He now has about 3200.000 exp points. -18 th. level and can cast the gate spell(perhaps not the best choice, but that beast kicks some serious butt and I like to watch it rampaging and killing everyone.)

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited June 18, 2001).]

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When playing solo or like I do with me and Imoen only it's a good thing to remove the XP-gap of the mage, but when playing a full party, I don't like to make the game easier then it already is.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.