1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Minsc's New Witch (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dragon903, Jul 9, 2001.

1. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] After you Walk for a little bit
    Minsc New witch is Aerie.Can i still have romance with Aerie

2. Zaragoth Guest

What do you mean by Witch!??!
    You are driving me nuts!!!!! :mad:
    Do you mean that it seems like they are falling in love and that she´s his new bitch? Oh, man... You are giving me a headache.. :D

Let me ask you a kind of personal question - How old are you anyway? (Just wondering)

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited July 09, 2001).]

3. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You know, dragon I'm begining to fear your intellect...of course you can romance with Aerie, and I don't know why you thought you couldn't? :confused:

4. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yes, it has no influence on the Aerie romance. This is what happens with everyone who has both Minsc and Aerie in his party. Only thing is that if Aerie dies Minsc goes into his uncontrollable Berserkstage and will attack everyone in sight.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Minsc himself calls her his WItch, that's the commaon name he gives to the female mage he protects (first Dynaheir, later Aerie)

Minsc is your good friend, as long as he can be her protector, he will only like it when you romance her, for then he can be with you and her at the same time, and that's what he wants.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited July 09, 2001).]

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Zaragoth - don't immediately assume stuff like that if you haven't done it yourself. In BG Minsc was the bodyguard of Dynaheir, whom he called his witch. Notice the many dialogues which mention Dynaheir at the start of the game. What dragon meant is that Minsc becomes the witch or bodyguard of Aerie if they're in your party for a bit.

BTW - I've heard they're is some pretty hilarious dialogue about Minsc asking Edwin if he would be his witch after Edwin's .... transformation :D . Is this true? (I'm far too lazy to go find it on IE).

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yes, Silvershade is right. Additionall Minsc will run to help Aerie when she's attacked. So if you have both in your party take sure that your frontline is strong enough, just a thought ;) So Aerie just got a new protector - no danger since you are doubtless a nice and honourable party leader with nothing but the best intentions and honest interest in Aerie :cool:

However, anyone tried to dump Aerie then? Will Minsc follow her like he followed Dynaheir?

8. Silvershade Gems: 4/31

For as far as I no, Minsc will not even say a thing when you kick Aerie out of the party :(.

9. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

No, they removed that NPC-coupling thing because everyone hated it so much in BGI. Back then everyone was trying to lock Khalid in a closet or get Jaheira killed so that they could arrange their party the way they preferred. I think it was a good idea to remove that constraint--having to keep two NPCs together all the time when you're only allowed five is really a pain. I was disappointed to see that their solution was killing off Khalid and Dynaheir, though--I'd actually really liked both...

10. I liked Khalid and Dynaheir too. *sigh*
    Why was Dynaheir wacked? Was she too powerful? Khalid wasn't, but Dynaheir was sure a real good NPC.

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? = Gandalf, in Lord of the Rings

12. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Khalid and Dynaheir were whacked for two reasons. First, they wanted to make Irenicus seem a serious and dangerous villain from the start. So they had him kill two of your friends, to get you in the proper mindset. (It worked for me!) And second, I think they chose those two as the sacrificial lambs because they wanted to break the pair-bonds from BGI and Khalid and Dynaheir were less popular than Jaheira and Minsc.

A few other old PC's bit it in this game, too: Xzar and Montaron, Tiax, Ajantis... it's nagging at the back of my mind that there was another but I don't remember who it was.

13. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Safana and Coran are in the forest of Tethyr

14. Silvershade Gems: 4/31

And Garrick is at the front of the Building of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart iirc.

15. Zaragoth Guest

ok, I appologise.
    sorry :o
    It´s just... He asks such strange questions that.. well... yeah.

16. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Yeah, Quayle's got a cameo in BGII too. But none of those guys *die*... well, unless you kill them, I guess... (-:

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Safana is killed, and I don't think there's anything you can do to prevent it. You can save Coran, but you have to take great pains to do it because he's an idiot. I had to keep blocking him with my own people so he couldn't attack the Wolfweres directly; if he ever went toe-to-toe with one of them, he died pretty quickly.

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Hehehe...

I used Imprisonment scroll on him, and when I dealt wolfweres I just brought him back with Freedom scroll. He was thankful, etc... :p :p :p

Maybe it could be made with Maze or Sanctuary, I don't know...

And you really can't keep Safana...

19. ayecapitan Guest

[​IMG] Imprisonment scroll? Where would it be? To my best knowledge there's no imprisonment scroll on sale anywhere.

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed, wher did you get that imprisonment scroll? Or has Extremist removed the XP gap?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.