1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Misery

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Slith, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I just wanted to know how many people (Aside from myself) are miserable and hate their life, and if you post it would be preferable to explain why. The reason for my misery is that my life has no purpose.

2. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My live has too much purpose.
    If i would die right now several people would have to find another stupid woman doing the work without getting payed (?) for it.

3. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have often felt like life is a chore I wish I didn't have to deal with year after year. I am not in as low a place as it seems you are but my life has alot of challenges right now: My orchestra job just filed for bankruptcy, I'm a single mom, I have made the same income for almost 20 yrs now and I'm getting old. I don't own a house, have a retirement, or savings.

But in spite of how bleak things seem, I am holding up quite well. Having lived as long as I have I trust in my ability to survive challenges.

Two thoughts I'd like to share:
    If what you are missing is meaning or purpose that can be handled in many ways. Having a hobby, something you love to do, or want to learn will allow you enjoy your life more. Working to help other people can help make your life more meaningful. Having a meaningful relationship makes one feel needed and see the value of ones life to others.

My other thought is maybe you suffer from depression and would improve your well-being by simply getting the right medication. Depression is a real condition that many people are a fraid to talk about or get help for. Often people suffer in silent isolation.

If you want to talk more, feel free to e-mail me.

[ September 09, 2002, 19:51: Message edited by: scarampella ]

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I'm damn deppressed at the moment. It's all down to a medical condition i have. I get sistic acne, really big acne, it's like a big...'thing' on my face. It comes and goes but i have to keep my head down in public when i have it. I have some at the moment, it should go soon. Just feeling pretty damn pissed off about it, feels like i'm the only person in the world with it as it's very rare.

[ September 09, 2002, 19:55: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I just feel trapped...

I have ideas I cannot express, I am watched 24/7 and sometimes I just want a bit of space, I can't get that.

I am not allowed out of the house without adult supervision - heck I'm not allowed anywhere without adult supervision, that's what the damn hospital says anyway :sosad:

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I feel miserable only when I hurt someone without knowing. You know, when you tell some sarcastic joke and the person has some problem related to the theme.

Besides that, I don't ever feel miserable. Why would I?

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I feel miserable. I should. It's bad to just accept yourself doing something wrong and leave it there like that.

But I don't hate my life. I don't understand why people do. So you got an F. So you lost your job. Well, you only live once, and you dying usually doesn't better the world; it's just self-pity that took you too far.

8. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Suicide usually works for most people.

[Oh, man. This is a joke. I think I'll start putting disclaimers in all of my posts from now on. Crap, this is *really* gonna hurt my sarcasm meter...]

[ September 10, 2002, 05:58: Message edited by: SlimShogun ]

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hate my life, like I have been saying ever since I came to SP for the first time.

I live in a group home with idiots, both workers and inmates.

I am currently on a two-week trial for being perennially piussed off, and if I don't pass, it's the psych ward for me for Whatever knows how long.

I have been in love with a teacher for well over an year now, and I have no hope on the prospect.

It hurts that the only people who care about me live so far away... you guys as well as my RL friends...

Life sucks.

Ara
    (Sex, drugs, rock'n'roll)

10. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Response to SlimShogun: /me pulls gun from head. "You weren't *serious*?" Surprise, Surprise.

Response to Extremist: I meant for miserable people to come here, not people disclaiming misery.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess you haven't been here when I was whining about my lousy life have you? I hate life and everything around me because it has no meaning. I simply had no reason to live (found two of them now :D ). It took me about a week to find out whether I want to live or not. That was really a tough week though so mostly I just go on even if there is nothing to live for. Anyway what I'm trying to say here is that I feel the same way as you do. Perhaps not currently but most of the time I do.

12. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I saw a movie called the Anniversery Party (very dark humor) and there was a line in the movie that struck home in a sadly funny way. Phoebe Cates says to Jennifer Jason Leigh something like: "You know, I used to say to myself, if life gets really intolerable I can always end it. But now that I have the kids, well, kids take away the possibility for committing suicide".

I've never been suicidal, I like slow death I guess. But, I have had the same thoughts.

13. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

I'm am always either miserable or pissed.

First of all: Every Cypriot only cares about football and whenever you need a sibling to talk too they just bombard you with footblall **** and it pisses me off! :mad:

Secondly: I have too live up too my brother. If my brother gets an A+ in an exam at high school then I have too get higher than that. If I dont then my parent give me the world famous F'd up * I'm dissapoited in you* look wich also pisses me off :mad:

Thirdly: I have weird ideas and I think about the medieval ages and FR the whole day and then I remember that when school days start I'm only allowed to play on weekends. I mean were did that freaking up rule come from? That also pisses me off and makes me sad! :(

Fourthly: I cannot express my ideas. As I said I have strange and weird ideas and nobody listence to my when I want to tell people about them they either tell me **** like *I'm tired now* or *I need to go to work*. My brother though, now he is an original fellow, starts bobmbarding me with D%D and 3ed **** that his told me like five times! This pisses me off and makes me sad. :(

Fithly: My brother is alway coping my good ideas. I am writing a book so he does the same only theat he stals all my charachters and ideas. Example: I am writing about how Padeen is fighting a mage he starts to write about a battle with a mage. My mom and dad thuogh always think that he came up with the ideas first. This pisses me off and makes me sad
    :grr:
    Sixthly: My parents always think I'm more clever thanm my brother but at the same time they think that I'm small non-existant and stupid! This is what pisses me off so much the I actually have steam coming from my ears but it also makes me sad
    : :nolike:
    Finally: If anything bad happens then I an authomaticaly the one who did it. Example: Someobody eats some easter eggs that dont belong to him. Altho the packet is found in my brothers room and he admts that he loves the chocolate they have on it (He did this later) if I say no my mother asks my brother and if he says no then she says that I did it and that I'm grounded. For mercies sake this is so infuriating and at the same time it makes me sad. :sosad:

My life is so ****** up! I hate it and I've considered suicide. But their are also the things that make he happy enought that I want to lve like SP and all you guys here. Also their are female teens, the net, computers and my story. There are also midi's and music, games and Pallies!.

A tip: When down or pissed listen to music and you'll feel allot better.

Paddy!
    (Yes, I am THE paladin master) :bigeyes:

14. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Bah listening to music sucks as it always reminds you of past loves. :wail: Don't ever kill yourself pally, we need SOMEONE who's simple and not fu**ed up like the rest of us. :lol:

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That is true, music makes wonders. It exists as long as the human does and without it we would be lost. Even animals listen to the music. Is it just me or am I getting a bit :yot: :rolleyes: . The bottom line is: listen to the music it helped me and most of the others (if not all) I've ever known.

Oh and Z get over it. There's always someone else out there that you ... hmm :hmm: no... I think that "There's always someone else out there." is gonna be enough this time.

[ September 10, 2002, 19:57: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Bah, i don't want anything to do with females for a LONG time. Too many are just plain stuck up and mean. No offence to the girls here but you've got to admit, many teenage girls are just plain horrid to almost everyone.

17. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

Lol, Z, Lol!!!
    Well if you play sad/heroic music it does but if you play hip hop/rap/rock'n'roll then were in bussness!
    Heh Z! Teenage girls can be a pain in the
    @$$ put what can I say?

:p :rolleyes: :p @Keneth: "There are many fish in the sea"!!!

Paddy!
    (Yes, I am THE paladin master) :bigeyes:
    (And yes Yerril I have stolen your bigeyes smile)

[ September 10, 2002, 20:12: Message edited by: Padeen Dragonblade ]

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Paddy you also stole his greatest paladin rank, this may make him miserable like the rest of us.

19. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I can't be bothered to argue.

Put it this way: I'm only happy when I'm with her, and I'm never with her. I can't even phone her. :(

20. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Ahhhhhh! Poor Yerry! You can still have your smile I'm just gonna use it too.
    Is a girl/women/female trubling you? listen to music my friend forit is the key to eternal *dont give a Fness*!

Paddy!
    (Yes, I am THE paladin master!) :bigeyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.