1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mislead

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Apeman, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I am soloing a fighter/mage through SOA and TOB and just discovered for the first time the real power of Misled. Just cast it in a different room then the monsters and you can just easily kill them off without them attacking you. The only monster it didn't work on are the great beholders, they do attack if you attack.

Are there in your opionion more of such spells which seem lame but are really really powerful.

[ April 09, 2003, 09:49: Message edited by: Apeman ]

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Though its description is lame, and a lot of people knock it, I love Melf's Minute Meteors. It supposedly ignores magic resistance (though I don''t know if the newest official patch has fixed this). I seem to pelt baddies with about at 80% success rate. It's one of my favorites.

3. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

For truly bewildering mislead tactics (cheesy?) try casting with a multi or dual class thief character and behold the power of backstab after backstab. I admit it, my solo mage/thief characters in the past have used this in some tough situations like the celestial fury party etc.

Soloing a magic casting character is a good way of learning how to exploit the spells more fully. I love spell immunity when soloing - using it and a boatload of pre-placed skull traps to take out those you've scouted. Or in a party using on your fighters so you can cast into the melee without harming your own.

Project Image is very, very powerful as well, though I don't think it is supposed to be. Try casting it with your mage if you haven't before and see what happens : )

4. Szeiche Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ive heard that about a mage/??whatever or just a plain mage above level 12 using contingency with the two spells doom and Chromatic orb and they supposedly killed Firkraag with that spell only.
    If your going to use this put doom first though.

Chromatic Orb RULES

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I definitely agree with Melf's Minute Meteors. I use that nearly as often, if not more than, magic missile. The only creatures I've found that are not damaged by them are fire-based creatures.

Not sure if one would consider them powerful, but any of the insect spells (summon insects, insect plaque, creeping doom) can wreak havoc on enemy mages and priests. What I've learned, though, is target the spell on anyone near a spellcaster; not the spellcaster themself if you can avoid it. You run a real risk of that spell being deflected back on you (spell turning, etc) and then you're in trouble.

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Sure it's cheesy but I just discovered it and it amazes me how easy it is to play solo.

I can't wait to try my timestop-black blade of desaster- greater whirlwind tactic on firkraag. Just one more level to go. :)

7. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I suppose that for a low level mage melf's meteors can be somewhat useful, though I usually stuff my level3 slots with Fireballs and Haste, anyways... now if meteors were level2 spell... level2 lacks offensive punch. Ignore MR? Should be a bug, I wouldn't exploit it then anyways.

Chromatic Orb can be pretty good, but I hate the petrification which destroys the loot. I suffered from it a couple of times, I was hoping to get a full plate from Glaicas in d'Arnise keep, alas... he was a statue and I got nuttin'

Insect summoning spells underestimated? I don't think so - those are my favourite weapon against spellcasters and mixed groups of spellcasters/fighthers. Heck, they are probably the second most important reason why Jaheira is my most loved NPC, first being her adorable personality, of course.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.