1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

MMORPG DAOC Roleplaying for IWD2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Mr Legolas, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Mr Legolas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi guys, this is my first post here, any former Dark Age of Camelot player attracted by my topic and came in and have look ? :)
    Have you continue to roleplay your character from DAOC in IceWinddale 2 ? And if you are how you spec them.
    And also anyone here started with IceWindDale 2 first than later try out IceWindDAle 1 ?

[ February 14, 2003, 06:56: Message edited by: Mr Legolas ]

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, first off, welcome to the forums! Have fun and whatnot. Now, to your question. I've never really heard of that being done, so I really couldn't answer it for you. And yeah, lots of people have gotten IWD2 before IWD1, so don't sweat that. One more thing, no sigs, the mods and admins don't like them. If they see it, they'll say, "Read the FAQ" and so on and so forth. Anyways, have fun!

3. Mr Legolas Gems: 1/31

Done, removed my sig but u need to put spacing between your whatnot too, joking.

[ February 14, 2003, 06:59: Message edited by: Mr Legolas ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. Mr Legolas Gems: 1/31

Hmm how would you guys create an ultimate self-buffing assasin class which evade and dodge superbly. Idea please

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I see two ways:

Monk, or Rogue.

Monk is more powergaming and very good at evading. Rogue is slightly less powergaming, very good at evading and fits the image of assasin better.

7. Mr Legolas Gems: 1/31

How u guys think of my party which is not so powergaming, with abit of rolepaying idea from MMORPG, and bear with it abit please.

Bard which do crowd control in battle and my grp speaker cum diplomat.
    Assassin which act as scout, thief and backstabber on enemy spell caster, was hoping him to have evenom skill which is so cool too.
    Summoner which summon mobs to act as tank and draw aggro from enemy.The rest of my party should be either missile user or bombardier using area bombard spell.

So the general idea is my bard holding all the enemy at bay, summoner summoning mobs to tank all the damage output by the enemy. My assassin picking his target carefully, and the rest of my party either archer or spellcaster doing the damage area affect.

So if you were me how would you spec them? I was also wondering who should dual class as my part-time tank and healer, or i can put away with the boring tank and boring healing nurse with this kind of party. And thank you for reading this :)

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well, such a party can work out very good, but I'd throw in at least one tank. Summons only go so far. I wouldn't rely on a bard for crowd control, but I'd say put in a Paladin. They're very sturdy characters and with a couple of summons only one is enough.

This would kind of look like that party's setup:

Paladin (Tank)
    Rogue/Fighter (Assasin)
    Sorcerer (Bombardier)
    Sorcerer (Bombardier)
    Cleric (Summoner, possibly 2nd tank)
    Bard (Summoner, Bombardier and flying brigade for tanks)

Would work out very nicely if you ask me. :)

9. Mr Legolas Gems: 1/31

I really appreciate your reply Faragon, but i have to make a bard with crowd control in memory of my retired lvl 50 DAOC Minstrel from the realm of Albion, Im a roleplaying freak hehe.

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I understand that, but I'm not sure how you will be able to do that with the bard. Well, not without throwing boots of haste on him and have him running circles while all monster run behind him ;)

(Another roleplayer here though :D )

11. Mr Legolas Gems: 1/31

In King Aurther trilogy, bard have crowd control spell and ability for the realm of Hiberia.

[ February 16, 2003, 07:54: Message edited by: Mr Legolas ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.