1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mod: Slightly Improved Ilyich v1.4

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Razfallow, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello, I finished new version of my mod today.
    Mod's forum
    Download at Sorcerers.net

Changes from previous version:
    *The mod will now automatically install v1.9 of the Detectable Spells pack.
    Authors of Detectable Spells pack:
    Kensai Ryu
    Vulgar Zildrath
    CamDawg
    the_bigg
    Cirerrek
    Horred the Plague
    King Diamond
    Avenger

*Ilyich's party:
    Ilyich - Berserker 9. level
    Duergar no.2 - Fighter/Thief 6./7. level
    Duergar no.3 - Cleric 8. level
    Duergar no.4 - Wizardslayer 7. level
    -> present:
    1) always on Insane difficulty
    2) if you start game with character, that has more than 160k XP
    3) in multiplayer game with more than four party members from beginning
    not present: always on Easiest difficulty
    Duergar no.5 - Conjurer 9. level

*Other changes:
    - few items (potions and scrolls) added to enemies and containers
    - Cambion:
    1) cause fear in target for two rounds with every hit, save vs. spells is allowed
    2) he can cast several low level spells
    3) added undroppable helmet and armor replaced with Chain mail +1
    - Imoen:
    1) added two interjections; first before machine creating Lightning mephits and second in room with Balduran helm; just let her go first
    2) banter with Jaherira about Khalid's death now occur with small delay
    - Escaped Clone:
    2) class changed to Conjurer (Wild mage if you have ToB)
    3) new spell selection and script
    - Frennedan is now Greater Doppleganger and will cast Mirror Image and Haste

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Coolness. You really are a hard-working modder fellow, I highly appreciate that.

Can you also make mods for other parts of the game? As for now, I have tactics Imp. Ilych and no desire to switch to yours as I am used to it. Why, even Duergar party's mages (which spawn each time I rest) are more powerful than your Ilych's conjurer, especially with also smarter mages component, they come full-buffed, equipped with MMMs and use smart tactics such as Web, Spider Spawn, Confusion, Hold Person etc. :p

That is, I highly reccomend your mod to those who find the first dungeon boring, yet still do not want to be really frustrated. I even told a guy about this mod in a previous topic. :thumb:

3. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

Well, I'm thinking about improving Sendai's enclave, drows and slaves, but not Sendai herself.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Which is good news. I already have Oversight Sendai and it rocks. She is soo powerful the battle is cooelst I ever have.

If you mke the mod so that it edits all drows and slaves EXCEPT the final fight with Sendai alone, I think and hope it would be compatible with Oversight, as OS tends to change the actual battle with Sendai only. It also adds new elite slaves and soldiers of Sendai to final battle, so you should be careful not to overwrite or cause conflicts with those.

Overall, I want to see tougher drows and slaves who actually use a bit of strategy in Sendai's enclave. Maybe toss in 'a few' Dragons and/or Demiliches for added fun. AND please do increase the spawning rate of slaves, to the point of overwhelming and anhilating the PC, ofcourse adjusted by difficulty slider. I want to see some high level mages/cleric fights too, but also with HLAs! Mages with one IA would be very appreciated. Clerics should cast HLA spells too, and launch their big weapons, such as Harm. And use GRestoration when the party is badly wounded. I want drow assasins too, with very nasty backstab and poison attacks. x7 backstab with deadly poison should do the trick. They can also use wands/scrolls as they have UAI. And Assasination HLA! Yes! :roll:

Am I asking for too much? :p

5. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

Sorry, no Dragons and Demiliches ;)

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

:shake: I was just joking about these, but did you actually take my other ideas about drows seriously, that is what I wondered. :p

7. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

Yes, some of them.
    High level drows will be definetely using HLAs.
    Slaves will gain weapon proficiencies, it will improve their fighting skills.
    There will be cleric/mage, but not so high level, that he/she can cast ninth level spells.
    Strongest enemies will have 3.750 mil. XP.
    I prefer F/T over Assassins.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Cool, but the crucial question here is:

WHEN will it be ready? I think you haven't started yet, so... I am really looking forward to try it out! Really! ;)

9. Razfallow Gems: 6/31

It will take some time, but first release could be in late July I guess.

10. Chitinous Shell Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Cool, gonna be starting a new BG2 game as soon as I finish up my current Tutu game, I look forward to trying this out :p I've heard some bad stories about Tactics Ilyich, and my main character is probably going to be dualled before he leaves Chateau Irenicus, so...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.