1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

mods

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by james smith, Jun 20, 2005.

1. james smith Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

just started using mods, like the thiefs stronghold and the tactics mod. are there any other mods anyone would recommend.

2. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

There should be a list of them somewhere on here.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I like the ones that add new NPCs, like Kelsey and Tsujatha. I'm not much for Ascension or Tactics. I think the fights are hard enough, tyvm. I can always turn up the difficulty.

Find the list here, unfortunately, I don't know where off hand. The readmes should give enough info on the mod for you to decide if you want it or not.

4. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

5. james smith Gems: 4/31

thanks, have the experience. right now have tactics and thief stronghold installed. when installing the items upgrade mod, does it matter when you install it. when will you know if you loaded it right. i had already seen cromwell for the gesen bow, since i have c/f should'nt he have said something about it.

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

There's quite a bit that isn't there; try the pinned topic at the top of the forum that mentions modlist.pocketplane.net.

Mod recommendations are difficult, because so much depends on what you want out of them. For example, I would advise that you run far, far away from Tactics, Ascension, Improved Battles and their ilk because I don't think they add much to the game, personally. You might think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. :)

Give us a better idea what you're looking for--tougher battles, new NPCs, quests, rule changes, kits, etc. and we'll be better able to help you pick out some mods.

7. james smith Gems: 4/31

camdawg, your so right sorry. i'll break it down what i want. quests, more items @ kits. such as forgotten wars item pack. just downloaded this and put into SOA but cant find it in waukeens promenade like it says it should be. this is whats so frustrating.

8. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@James Smith
    I'm not familiar with that mod, but it's possible that you need to start a new game to be able to play it...

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Also check Chosen of Mystra for some excellent Mods http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/index.php
    I would recomend Saerileth :love: , Fade :love: and Yasraena. There are some Mods in progress which also look promising :D

[ June 20, 2005, 09:16: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

10. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Hmm, let's see. You can find these on the PPG mod ist.

Quests
    Unfinished Business
    Quest Pack *
    G3 Anniversary

Items
    Item Upgrade
    SP Item Pack

Kits
    Song & Silence
    SP Collection
    Cleric Remix*
    NPC Kit

* Quext Pack and Cleric Remix are both a bit buggy in their current releases, so you may not want to include them.

11. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

How about Herbs?

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Quests:
    Unfinished Business

Items:
    Unusual Oddities Shop
    SP Item Pack
    RPGD Item Pack*

* This one actually changes some of the original items in the game.

13. james smith Gems: 4/31

thanks to everyone for posting, have loaded several. should any more come up will check back later. thanks

14. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Rastor
    SP Item Pack also change original items.

15. james smith Gems: 4/31

I also loaded that, what does it change

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Did you read the readme? All the information is in there.

17. 14 Gems: 4/31

Hey Rastor, while you are here could you give a link to a discussion board of your imp. Asylum mod ?
    Or could you give me some hints on how to damage the drow person. (can't spell his name) I tried everything I can think of, he doesn't take any damage.

btw I also had two "bugs". One is the drow(sorry I call your fav. char "the drow" :) ) seems to be trying to cast a chain contigency but *I* get the CC screen. And since he has no spells memorised, I have no spells to put into CC and I can't get out of the screen. The other is does that dawf only target elves? He doesn't attack me at all. Or am I playing an older version ? Where can I find the newest version ?

thanks in advance

18. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

- The drow's name is Breudayael.
    I had the same bug with that chain contigency screen and also the fact that Breudayel couldn't be damaged even with a +5 enchanted weapon (I got the weapon ineffective message) seems like a bug to me.
    Also another strange thing is that a woman called Arianna (on the 2nd level) doesn't talk or do anything else.Appears only
    the message Arianna - Moral Failure: Running...
    Anyway I found the fight with Breudayel and co. very impressive (even with these small bugs).
    And mine is version 0.92.

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31

The message boards are found at http://forums.rpgdungeon.net

Breudayael uses Absolute Immunity, which makes him immune to pretty much everything for a period of time. I'll see about fixing that Chain Contigency thing.

Arianna's morale is supposed to fail like it does. Does Vlis'tiara still appear?

20. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

@ Rastor

The problem is that this ''period of time'' seems infinite...
    Even after 20 min.(real time) Breudayel is still invulnerable and he hasn't casted a single protection-spell in the meantime.
    Arianna is in the area of the 4 doors (each one has a picture of a monster on it) but there is noone else around.
    (I haven't seen this Vlis'tiara you mention)

@ 14

Breudayel is only vulnerable to area-affect spells.For example fireballs damage him(when they bypass his m.resistance).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.