1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind Role Play

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nakia, May 6, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The Nerevarine watched the dust motes settle to the floor then turned and walked away.

Soon rumors abounded that the Nerevarine was still at Red Mountain communing with the Powers-That-Be or at least should be. Or he had returned to Cyrodiil to be honored by the Emperor or was seeking even greater evils to combat. No one knew for sure what had happened but many thought they did.

Around the Red Mountain a few blighted creatures remained making life dangerous for the pilgrims who still came to the shrine. The Ashlands reverted to the harsh, desolate and dusty environment it had before the Blight. Cliff racers sailed in the sky seeking prey. Things settled down to fairly normal in Vvardenfell.

Then stories began to trickle in to the Imperial City of troubles in Vvardenfell; uprisings in the Ashland, assassinations not contracted to the Morag Tong, rumors that the Dark Brotherhood was involved, increased smuggling especially of skooma. So a Blades agent who was familiar with Vvardenfell was sent there.

A female Kajiit stood on the silt-strider platform in Balmora looking across the City. Opposite the silt-strider was the Council House home to the local Camonna Tong. Her hair stood on end slightly as she viewed the Council House. She turned her head to the right and looked across the river. A row of residences hid the South Wall Corner Club from view but she knew where it was. Instead of walking down the stairs she leaped lightly to the ground and headed to the bridge to the South Wall. At the bridge she looked back at the silt-strider with a twitch of her ears.

[ May 07, 2007, 00:39: Message edited by: Nakia ]

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Lander hadn't been to Balmora in years but it hadn't changed. He had got the usual cool reception in the mages guild after the use of the guide, and now walked along the river heading to the South Wall. Normaly he would have gone to Fast Eddie for infomation, but Eddie had recantly joined the Telvanni as a mouth for a new councle member. So here he was, heading to the local Thieves Guild hang-out. If they didn't have infomation he'd have to try Fort Moonmoth and the Imperials always made things difficult. He passed the Council Club and saw the usual Camonna Tong thugs on the roof. Yes, nothing had changed in Balmora.

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Astarel scrambled down from the silt strider and ran towards Chirra, her pack clattering against her back. "I'm here, I'm heeeere," she said as she skidded to a halt and surveyed her surroundings. She took in the sights, the sounds, and the smells and tried to decide what she should investigate first.

"Where are we heading? I'll need to check by the local Guild at some point, but it doesn't need to be the first thing we do."

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Chirra smiled at the cheery elf, "To the South Wall Corner Club. An inn of sorts. Need to check with some people but we won't stay there. There is a place at the other end of the same street where we can hang for free. Small but we'll make do."

With that she led across the bridge and up the hill into the South Hall.

"Hi, Starry, Sugar Lips around?" Chirra greeted a woman standing near the entrance. "Hey, Chirra, you're back. Sure Sugar Lips in at her usual spot. Go ahead." She glanced at Astarel but didn't say anything.

The two moved down the hall to where an Argonian stood, well, actually rather bounced around.

"Sugar Lips, I'm back brought a friend along. A mage who is new to Vvardenfell."

Sugar Lips greeted Chirra warmly but with a comment it was about time she did some work. She looked Astarel over, "This one greets you, friend of Chirra."

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

"Chirra! What are you doing here?" Aurianne set down her mug to go welcome her old friend, then stopped and laughed.

"Oh, but you're probably wondering the same thing yourself, aren't you dear? Well, I'd heard there was a Dwemer ruin near Balmora, so I came here to try to increase my collection. Instead, I spent a whole month searching Arnk-whatever fruitlessly before this handsome man over here-" Aurianne winks at the bartender, Bacola Closcius, "-finally tells me that Nerevarine person cleaned it out ages ago!"

Aurianne laughs boisterously again. "So here I was, debating where to go next over a pint when you walk in! But enough about me; tell me, what brings you back to Vvardenfell? And who's your new friend here?" she asked as she smiled at the unfamiliar Altmer.

6. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Astarel smiled brightly at Sugar Lips and this new woman. "I'm Astarel, I'm with the Mage's Guild. Nice to meet you. What were the Dwemer ruins like? I've always wanted to see one of those! I was told the Dwemer are also children of the Aedra. But they vanished. I've heard they built the oddest contraptions, too! What did you see?" she asked excitedly. "What is it you collect?"

7. Nakia

Media:
    The three ordered drinks, settled at a table and animated discussion began. Chirra had a brief conversation with Bacola and then mostly just listened to her friends get acquainted.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Lander entered the South Wall, stopping as the warmth from inside washed over him. "Still never open a window" he thought to himself and closed the door behind him.

Thinking he would rather have a drink before attempting to prise information out of the thieves, he ordered some brandy at the bar and moved to an empty table. He looked over at the group on the next table with only slight curiosity, having overheard the mention of the Mages Guild, and sipped his drink.

9. Nakia

Media:
    While sipping her drink and listening to the chatter of her two young friends Chirra was wondering if she should slip away and report to Caius Cosadas that she had arrived. Suddenly her nose gave a slight twitch. Under the normal tavern smells of stagnant liquor and unwashed bodies she caught a new scent, that of the eastern lands. She looked casually (she hoped) around the room and caught sight of a Dunmer sitting alone next them.

Her ears couldn't help doing a small movement forward. It annoyed her that she hadn't learned to control that act of interest. Now why was a Telvannie Mage here? She was sure it was only one thing, information. Deciding to be direct she turned to the Dark Elf.

"May I help you, Honored Guest? You seem a bit out of your way here."

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Lander looked over at the speaker, and saw it was the Kajiit from the next table. While surprised at being spoken to, it was not really unexpected given how out of place he looked. Still, no need to be rude when he hadn't even been here five minuets.

"Out of my way? I suppose you could say that given my appearance. However your companions seem a bit "out of their way" themselves.

I will guess you know why I am here, and will therefore assume you are here for exactly the same reason. Now I believe I am keeping you from your friends."

With that Lander turned back to his drink.

11. Nakia

Media:
    Chirra turned back to Astarel and Aurianne thinking to herself "Typical Dark Elf. Still not as rude as they could be. Yes, he sought information. But of what?"

She sat for a while then walked over to the bar and ordered more drinks. Bacola was one the few who knew of her past and her connection to the Nerevarine and the Blades. She quietly let him know she was interested in the Telvanni and what he wanted. She returned to the table with the drinks and sat in such a way that she could watch the Dark Elf from the corner of her eye.

In a corner someone was playing a lute and singing. He wore a ornate garish robe and was good enough to be a bard. That was good, bards travelled all over and were a fount of information. She would speak to him before they left.

12. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Astarel stared with wide eyes at the Dunmer. "You're Telvanni? No wonder you're grumpy. One of my tutors used to be with the Telvanni. He said he got sick of the backstabbing and left. He also mentioned huge libraries. And mushrooms, although that bit confused me. What did he mean? And what are we supposed to be here for? Considering how long we've been travelling I think it makes sense for us to want to relax a bit!"

[ May 09, 2007, 01:21: Message edited by: Tiamat ]

13. Felinoid

"Speak for yourself! I've been doing nothing but relaxing and scrounging around that empty ruin for a month. I could use some excitement," Aurianne says with a hunger in her eye.

14. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

"You'd think that Dwemer ruins would be exciting," Astarel responded disappointedly. "Monsters, or gadgets, or...wall paintings of ages long past, or something!" she sighed with longing. "Nevermind, I have a feeling we'll probably have excitement applenty soon enough, judging by the fact that the Guild saw fit to send me here on my Journeyman assignment. My tutors have all been very mysterious about it, so I'm hoping it'll be interesting. Still, I hadn't had the opportunity to see Vvardenfell before, so either way, I suspect I won't be bored," she continued happily.

15. Nakia

Media:
    "There are still Dwemer ruins to be explored out in the Ashlands. Of course the Imperial Government frowns on exploring them but that doesn't stop people.

Aurianne, where are you staying. I understand there is a new room over Cosades' place. Small at least has storage. And we need to get Astarel over to the Mage Guild."

Chirra rose and stepped over to the bard dropping a few coins in a bowl placed there for that purpose. They spoke quietly for a few minutes.

Returning to the others she said, "Shall we get moving?"

[ May 09, 2007, 03:25: Message edited by: Nakia ]

16. Felinoid

"Well, I was staying here at the South Wall, but I was planning to leave soon, so I don't have any arrangements past tonight. I'm ready to go when you are."

17. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Astarel pushed back her chair and stood. "I suppose we should claim a room and drop off our things first, then take care of other business?" she said, nodding her head towards the door.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Lander finished his drink and raised himself off his chair. Before leaving the table to go to the counter he turned towards the group of friends. He figured he would see more of them, as Belmora wasn't that big a city.

"Several things you might be interested in before you go. I know the Kajiit has been to Vvardenfell before so this is for the benefit of you other two.

Firstly, Dwemer ruins are either guarded by the Dwemer centurions and the ghosts of the fallen Dwemer themselves, or are home to bandits. Generaly they're picked clean of artifacts these days anyway so it's generally not viewed as worth the trouble to explore them.

Secondly, avoid the Council Club. Ask your feline friend why.

Thirdly, Should you need assistance in artifact hunting or the like, I would gladly aid you... for a price of course. I'll be staying at the Eight Plates."

Seeing his little speech had been completely unexpected, he added

"Oh don't look so surprised. Not all of the Telvanni hate other people on sight you know."

With that Lander walked over to the bar and repeated the process of coin into bowl the Kajiit had done only a minute before.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Chirra looked after the Telvanni thoughtfully then led the way out to Labor Street. She stopped at stairs leading down to the Odai River and looked across.

"The Mages Guild is on the other side of the river but let's check out this room. I was told it is safe to leave our things there and there may even be a few supplies we can use. I need to check in with Cauis Cosades. He may have information."

They walked to the north end of the street and Chirra knocked at a door. Entering they saw a small room and a shirtless man. "Cauis Cosades, I am Chirra. We met once in the Imperial City. I was told to report to you. I believe you know Aurianne and this is Astarel from the Mages Guild. They assigned her to help me as her initiate training. Her first trip to Vvardenfell."

Cauis greeted them and then told them he had no new information and hoped they would be able to find more. The room upstairs was free and they were welcome to use it as a base.

They left and went up some stairs and into a room slightly larger than the one below. It contained a bed, wash stand, small table with 2 chairs and cabinets lining one wall. The cabinets contained a few potions, bedding and dried food.

"Can't cook here but at least we can leave our packs here. I can sleep as well on the floor as a bed but it is up to you, Asta, if you want to stay here or at the Guild. Eight Plates is near the Guild and I think we should see that Telvanni. He may have information and if he knows of Dwener ruins all the better."

20. Halt-Man Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Walking away from the Silt Strider, Davion thinks to himself, "Nice place. I can already see I'll like it here."

Stopping a passerby, he asks him, "Excuse me ma'am, are there any good taverns in this town?"

"Well, stranger, the best ones in my opinion are the Eight Plates, the Council Club, and the South Wall," the man replied.

Davion thought for a moment and then asked, "Which way to this South Wall place?"

"Oh, it's just across the river and through that archway."

"Thank you for your time," Davion says, before strolling across the river.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.