1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most annoying NPC?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by lonewolf, Aug 25, 2006.

1. lonewolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] This is just for fun, im just interested as to who ou find the most annoying on this game, also im only up to the goblin fortress so any characters beyond that that just make your blood biol, could you tell me about them?

so ill ask the question, what NPC in icewind dale 2 really gets your blood boiling?

mine so far is Oswald fiddlebender, its unbeleivable how much he repeats himself, lol

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I would have to say Oswald too, due to the fact that his speech has a little lag everytime he talks (and he talks a lot), I do not now if this is my system or a bug though, it is really annoying. Shame he has JanJansen's voice. :p Now he was a cool character!

3. Windrunner Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I would say Suoma, as she uses you and uses you and the only thing she actually helps you with after you've been thoroughly used is that she tells you about the Treants. She doesn't actually give you any rewards, either, despite the fact that you've probably saved their little time 2-3 times over! Throw in a smug little voice, and you have a winner.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That duergar boss in the river caves. He runs back and forth so fast that you have to pause the game in order to be able to click him to talk to him. Then, even if you help him out, he comes back and ambushes you. Talk about ungrateful.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... a tie between Ulbrec and Suoma. Both annoy the hell out of me. Ulbrec hands suicide missions, Suoma uses you through and through. YARGH! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How about the ferryman in the Dragon Eye magma chamber? He charges through the nose to ferry you across 3 feet of lava, and you have to make about 20 trips (more, if you're new to that area). What is he going to do with the money anyway?

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Oh, yeah, I remember alright. I CTRL-J across the three feet of lava just to avoid having anything to do with the fetcher. Still, it's not enough to dethrone Ulbrec and Suoma.

8. Windrunner Gems: 3/31

I guess I didn't find Ulbrec so annoying because he was also fighting the war (though he did seem to stay away from the fighting alot...), while Suoma didn't even pretend to help. Ulbrec's voice betrayed a fatigue and war-weariness that implied he'd been fighting for a long time, and he expresses at least some gratitude by letting Shawford pay you extravagant (by L1-5 adventurer standards) sums of money. Heck, one other adventuring party in Targos was bragging about raking in 5 gold, lol!

9. Harbourboy

At least Ulbrec HAD a voice. The quality of the voices and music in the Prologue is not matched anywhere else in the game.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Meh I say Ulbrec ... ANNOYINGGGGG!

11. Windrunner Gems: 3/31

Yeah, Harbourboy, I get the same feeling that the overall game quality in the prologue and first chapter was the best in the game. The other parts definitely seemed incomplete, in terms of game balancing (difficulty easing off in chapters 2-4, lack of Wizard scrolls), role-playing opportunities (there were tons of diplomatic-style quests in the prologue, and very little elsewhere), and just overall polish. Just simple things like the blind lady at the docks who knows if you've stolen from her, and the whole cat in the warehouse thing.

Other parts of the game had a few detailed features, but the prologue was jam-packed with them. I wonder how great a game this could have been if they had paid similar attention throughout all 6 chapters.

12. Harbourboy

Prologue has the best music as well.

13. aidan eeldrein Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

my god!sometimes i wish i could just hack open that suoma!for those who read Warhammer,think of her as one of the kislevite bar-girls:she takes you for a ride in "hell" just to tell you something even the most stupid troll cretin would figure out!

14. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

But if you have a character with high enough bluff you can avoid the cost (most of the time). Not only that, but because you go back in time you recover all your money (except for the last day's charge(s)).

I'm suprised no one's mentioned Nym yet. He charges you an arm and a leg for his items, and then he alerts Isiar and Madae to your presence...

15. Fly2tHeSkY

Yeah but Nym is a popular NPC! Just read about his little participation during the History of the North ;)

16. aidan eeldrein Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think the Cook from the Severd Hand is as annoying as she is fat.

17. Fly2tHeSkY

Yeah good reason aiden :bad:

18. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Oswald is boring but I HATE Malavon... and if I were to state my reasons I would break many forum rules. :evil:

19. Harbourboy

What about that merchant in the underdark who yells at you just for talking to him? He's one of the few people in the game who you don't have to kill that I like to beat up from time to time just to teach him a lesson in manners.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.