1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My 1431th post anniversary thread

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ArchAngel, Feb 26, 2002.

1. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Still in the spirit of Vicsun (also missing *g*) I will make an anniversary post. (by now I can even spell anniversary without looking in my dicktionary :D )

Who has the best explanation to this unexplainable question:

Where is the toilet in the Copper Coronet or what do they do when..

*snicker* Well? :D

2. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

And the significance of 1431 would be??

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Vicsun was hanging out at Gamebanshee last time I looked.

There is no significance to the number 1431, apart from the fact that if you minus 3 from it and divide it by 34, you get 42, which as we all know, is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. :1eye:

About the toilets, well they did have a direct passage to the sewers didn't they? :p

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited February 26, 2002).]

4. C'Jakob Guest

Well, there's a few secret doors in the CC. . .

5. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Seriously (sorry), a more likely option would be bedpans carried to the street outside by the serving wenches.

6. Sir Chad Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

There a bit skint at the moment so the expect you to use your jugs of ale(make sure you dont leave it on the table. Who knows what might happen!!!):hmm:

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

There were toilets at one point, but Lehtinan insisted on boosting his income by having thugs accost patrons while they were "occupied". Word got around, and manny of the patrons either developed superhuman bladder control or discreetly found other places to go. Some even tipped off the watch, or took direct vigilante efforts against Lehtinan's thugs. The toilets then became unprofitable, and Lehtinan realised that there was a more economical use for a room with sewer access. He removed the toilets, enlarged the sewer access and added steps, and hid the whole thing behind a secret door. With slave transportation now being handled via the sewers, Lehtinan was able to save on both loss of assets from watch seizures, and the regular expense of bribing the watch. Profits soared, until some minimum wage employee called Hendak decided to disrupt the effective running of business. I can only assume that he plans to restore the toilets to their original function.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think they have big chamber pots all over the CC. So when you feel the need, you just do it in a big pot. Lehtinen then sells it as turnip fertilizer to the Janssen family.

9. C'Jakob Guest

Why do I feel a long-winded but humourous turnip story from Jan coming up?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.