1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My best party. Any criticisms?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dante121, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Dante121 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'v manged to complete the game at all different difficulties. The party I have always used is:

My character: Dante(Fighter)

Minsc(Coz he kicks arse)

Anomen(Extremly good healer, maybe not better than Viconia, but is a better fighter)

Jahiera(Good healer, interesting romance, good for grove mission and average healer/ gets replaced by Sarevok in TOF)

Edwin(the best mage, Who doesn't want a fireball weilding sunfire eploding demon, that can go one on one with vast amounts of enemies)

Jan(he is God, the best theif, the second best storyline after Serevok and can cast spells.

[ November 29, 2003, 18:31: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thats a decent party. Its the standard 3 fighters a cleric and 2 mages jazz. One mage being a mage/theif.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Minsc and Edwin will come to blows. I'd replace Edwin with Imoen.

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That's just the balance of party *I* like! :thumb:

Minsc and Edwin will eventually fight though. So replace Edwin with Nalia or Imoen, or Minsc with Valygar, Mazzy or Korgan. I'd rather replace a pure fighter for Sarevok though (Minsc or substitute).

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'd have to agree with 'Xei Win Toh' - never swap Sarevok for Jaheira. Swap Minsc as you swap a kick-ass fighter for an even better fighter.

You will find Jaheira just too valuable by this point in the game. She will/should be your best anti-mage character, as the druid spells are just awesome against spellcasters and you will fight more and more of them by then.

If you want to keep Minsc then get rid of Anomen. I know he is a good healer, but Jaheira has far better spells (plus can resurrect) and Jaheira will actually be a better fighter than him by that point by then. She can tank it up the front as well as anyone.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Bard, that is the powergamers point of view; don't forget the roleplayers one. ;)

7. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@Virne: Possibly, but I would say having fighter+minsc+anomen+edwin+sarevok a much more power gamer approach. Besides which, Jaheira is much more a part of the storyline than most of the other characters. Wouldn't generally class myself as a powergamer as I am a big fan of bards and druids as you'll see from most of my other posts on this site.

However, you could get rid of Edwin and dual Sarevok to a mage. He would take absolutely ages to get his fighter skills back, but in the mean-time you have a mage with an awesome amount of hit-points.

8. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Dante121

Nice party. My only modification would be to drop Minsc and take Korgan (this means the Evil/Neutral side, rather than Good/Neutral). Later, you can replace Korgan with Sarevok, if you wish.

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Party is good but I would drop jan for Imoen as she is a big part of the whole story it is only right that she is in the party.

Minsc I would drop for Valygar or Keldorn anyday and would keep jahiera

My best party though would be

Me: Kensai/thief somtimes Sorcerer
    soa-Edwin tob-exchange for Sarevok
    Jahiera
    Imoen
    Valygar
    Keldorn

10. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My criticism's from a role-playing standpoint: those people would not get along. Jaheira would grind Jan under her boot, he's so annoying and rude. Minsc and Edwin want to kill each other. Anomen wouldn't deal with either Edwin or Jan at all. Imoen's a better spellcaster than Jan, and IMO that's more useful than Jan's thief skills. Did I mention that Jan's annoying?

11. Elemental DarkLord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Here is my most powerful combination of characters which you could use to replace your Party though the protagonist is not a must.

Protagonist ( Monk )
    - Though not that powerful at low levels, use this character and you will be amaze how he will overpower all the fighters in the game at high levels and how he kick the asses of the mages in TOB. He is the best frontliner and bait in dealing with mages and can kill Balthazar in a one on one fight if he has the best stuffs equipped.
    Imoen
    -She is part of the Story and though she is far behind jan's thievery skills, she is a good mage especially if she had already the shapechange spell ( Level 9 ), she can kick many asses.
    Sarevok
    - He is my best frontliner in dealing with fighters and with his deathbringer assault, he can carry a single fight against Amelissan with the support of my next party member who is
    Haer Dalis
    - Don't underestimate this guy, and though he is much of a singing type of character, using him as a fighter is just awesome when you discover his potentials and how he becomes the best support for all of your players when he starts to sing and could be a deadly mage due to his level compared with mages( Read the Bard Faq made by Scythesong Immortal ).
    Jaheira
    - If Prince elemental summoning is not enough, you could shift to another option that is making her a fighter. And with all the protections and druid spells she has combined with her fighting skills, she can virtually deal fights as much as Sarevok can.
    Edwin
    - Definitely the best mage the game had and is even difficult to be equalled with a mage protagonist. With him equipped with the robe of Vecna and the Staff of the Magi, combined with Time Stop spell and Improved Alacrity, He can cast 15 spells or more at the whole time stop duration ( believe me ).
    Viconia
    - The best cleric the game has and could control liches at high levels with her turn undead. And with her fighting skills ( because she is a Drow ) and her incredibly many level 7 slots, she is awesomely powerful.

Generally, my team is composed of members that are flexible and could just deal with any situation you can give, and with the presence of Haer Dalis combined with 4 misleads, Even Edwin can Hit Amelissan with his Staff of the Magi.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.