1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nalia, Imoen or Jan?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bon, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Bon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I need to choose one of them, thief skills are more important then the mage skills since I am a Mage/Kensai, and I am not going to use them to fight (maybe missile wepons sometimes).
    I need good thiefing skills (and not Yoshimo).

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Jan, oh so definetely Jan!
    He's the only NPC who can increase his thief levels, and he's darn funny too!
    So, yeah, go with Jan.
    :p

3. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I also vote for Jan.
    He has magic, he's funny and he's a darn good thief.
    He's also one of the few people who uses a crossbow. Now you have a use for all those magic bolts you find.

4. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Jan is good and is comments are always funny.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

If it is thief skills you want, Nalia is out as she is the worst of the three. Jan has the potential to be the best thief, however I always prefer to take Imoen as she is the best mage and her thief skills are sufficient to carry you through the game.

6. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Jan is very good, though his stealth sux.

Played with Sorcerer, Jan, Anomen, and Valygar, and that was a extremly good team, no weaknesses, well EXTREMLY good team....

7. Bon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all,

I already chose Jan befor any replys...
    As I said, the mage bit is not that important since I am a mage, so it is nice to have someone who stands behind the scene and can cast haste etc. befor a battle, while I can take the spells that are needed in a middle of a battle.
    So incase you are interested, my team is:

Me - Kensai/Mage
    Minsc and Boo
    Keldorn
    Anoman (Why couldn't he have a better personality?:p)
    Jan
    Cernd

That leves me with 4 spellcasters, and 5 fighters.

I do feel bad about not taking Imoen back tough, never mind.

8. Mariana Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you're looking for thieving skills, I'd mosy definitley say Jan. He's most likely the best thief in the game, aside from Yoshimo.

9. shadows Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

when i got to taking back imoen i forgot to and just walked awy and i didnt realize i had left her behind till i was already in the trials . . . yea it felt kinda bad but i dint want to give up any of my higher level people anyways

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.