1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NaNoWriMo!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Goli Ironhead, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Wasn't sure if I should put this to Sorcerous Sundries or Creativity Surge, and ended up just putting it here.

So, this year's NaNoWriMo is drawing near, once again! And for the first time, I'm thinking of participating! Not sure what I'm going to write, but there are ideas running around my head. I think I'll just bullrush them down and drag them into the paper if need be :D
    Anyone else going to try and push out a novel in a month?
    Oh, and all other discussion about the event, as well, would be nice here.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dammit Goli - didn't expect to find a thread for it here.

Anyway, yes, as always I'm in. 7614 words at the moment, and seeing that I apparently entirely fail at getting study done I might go and add to that soon.

3. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Heh, you're a "bit" ahead of me. I only wrote about 2000 in the first day. But, seeing that I found it easy, I just might start putting out plenty of more text. And it's sure to be finished.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

For this year things seem to be a lot easier than the last few. Probably because there's so much else that I really, really should be doing.

11225 at the moment. Not sure what to write next, so I thought I'd waste time trawling the internet instead :)

5. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

About 5500 down, 44500 to go. Seems to be shaping nicely, got much of it already planned. The good ol' laziness just keeps whispering "No need to do more than required. Don't bother." So I guess it'll be ready during the last few days.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Shame that we seem to be the only active posters doing it this year.

17375 - problems are developing though. I hit a slow spot, and then a character introduced themselves to try and liven things up. Unfortunately they also seem to have derailed the plot. Trying to figure out where to go from here. All is probably not lost, but I don't want the pacing to slow down, which for once has been fast and probably accounts for my high word count.

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Well, I think there are more people, or at least presume, but I can't be sure, of course.
    Anyways, broke my first big line today (that being 10 000). One fifth down, then. Funnily, plot has been very much derailed (or at least it has received a few new stops and miles of more rails) after I realized how miserably repeating and completely boring the initial plot would get after some time.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I know that Taza's doing it, and Eze is ... and I presume Ara is, but most of they're basically ex-members now. Normally there's be a few more BoMers posting.

My current word count is 29009 - it's been going really great so far, but I'm not feeling anywhere near as enthusiastic today. I fear it's the week 2 fail train coming a day early.

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Eze's at 36K last I heard, working on two stories in tandem and aiming to finish them both by the deadline (at this rate I don't doubt it). No word count update from Ara, but she seem to be coming along.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I'm done (50k, not the story). A little bit disappointing considering my early blazing glory, but still pretty decent. I don't even hate what I wrote overmuch - now that's only happened once before.

How's everyone else (i.e. Goli) going?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.