1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need creative ideas for new game

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Black Rose, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Black Rose Guest

Topic self explanatory..

I want to write a story/walkthrough like KJ and Big B have been doing. However my brain is dead.. anyone have some ideas for themed adventures?

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Themes ehh?

Treehuggers->
    You as a druid
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Valygar
    Cernd

Holy Team->
    You as cleric (maybe fighter cleric but no mage or theif)
    Viconia
    Anomen
    Aerie

Rougues R Us->
    You as bard or thief
    Jan
    Haer'Dalis
    Nalia
    Yoshimo/Imoen

I started the Treehuggers once, but got off the path, I will be a druid before my BG gaming days are over though :grin:

3. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Short People

You as a halfling/gnome/dwarf whatever
    Mazzy
    Korgan
    Jan

Spellflingers

You as a sorcerer, mage or bard
    Edwin
    Aerie
    Jan
    Nalia/Immy
    Haery

Hack 'n Slash your way to fortune

You as a barbarian
    Korgan
    Minsc (using Lilarcor of course)
    Valygar
    Mazzy

[This message has been edited by Namuras (edited October 08, 2001).]

4. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] How about roleplaying the game using a Wizard Slayer Kit as the main character. Imagine his discomfort (at the least) with the mage NPC's including Imoen. From a game point-of-view its gonna be tough since the roleplay will have to justify mages in the party. And besides, the main baddy is a mage! :)

Just haven't seen anyone mention playing a wizard slayer so far. Hope you consider it, Black Rose. Whatever you decide, have fun! :roll:

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Everyone comes with existing people. Why not just create them all by yourself. I play a Thief only party with 4 thiefs (pure thief, fighter/thief, cleric/thief and illusionist/thief) I think it's kinda original. You can create all characters in Multiplayer. You can start a multiplayer and convert it to a single player game, if you don't know how that goes, just ask for it,m we will explain. So make all characters by yourself, make a good team!

6. DemoGorgon Guest

How about a group of people who dont get along and argue a lot?
    You-Whatever
    Minsc
    Korgan
    Jan-Its hilarious when he tries to steal boo!
    Viccy
    Haer Dalis

7. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Shapeshifter central
    Group - pc and NPC all shapeshifters
    Concept - who says that vampires will rule the world someday? Shapeshifters will.

Barbarians vs civilization
    Group - all barbarians
    Concept - Hack and slash your way through all of Faerun returning it to a state of cityless nature. By taking down Irenicus and Bodhi, you can then turn your attention to removing the magical and truly deviant in nature (vamps, shapeshifters, etc.) Last thing in Chapter Six before going to Suldenssalar, kill everyone in Athkala - you won't be needing them anymore anyway.

How evil can you be?
    Group/PC - all evil or solo evil
    Concept - can the game be played truly maniacally - kill every living thing that you come across in the game as soon as you no longer need it? Reputation be damned.

How low can you go?
    Concept - can you play through the entire game with a reputation lower than 6? First thing would be to get it that low in the first place.

8. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The Spanish Inquisition! A group of 3 or 4 Inquisitors that destroy every mage, regardless of alignment. Try that

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Also a great idea indeed, a paladin only party! Hack and Slash in a good formation, and also some good, necessarry spells...

10. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nalia's aunty's soldiers

A group made entirely by yourself.
    Purpose: To treat anyone of not noble blood as dirt or worse.

11. Black Rose Guest

Heh.. would you guys be cool with an Anti-Magic group?

Purpose- to rid Amn of magic!

Characters-

Human Inquisitor (mage bane, wields Carsomyr)
    Half-Orc Wizard Slayer (mage bane part II)
    Half-Orc Barbarian (rage.. high HP..)
    Human Monk (to add some spice)
    Valygar (foul magic seems to be his favorite line)

[This message has been edited by Black Rose (edited October 08, 2001).]

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Great idea, and playing with only 4 characters is cool, you level up earlier and you make the game a bit harder for yourself. Good luck with it, it's a great idea. WHat alignment will you play?

13. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Plus you get this feeling of "tightness" when you play with four characters, it's a good number to play with. Then you go back to six and you feel weighted down. Still haven't soloed yet, but I will.

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I know you guys are drunk often, Big B and Headbanger. But there are five not four adventures.

I know, I know he might have made an edit.

But anyway: :p :p :p :p

EDITED HERE: That was four smilies not five.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 09, 2001).]

15. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] *Goes back and recounts...

"By golly he's right!"

*Smacks himself four, no wait five times

I don't think he edited, we are just blind

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Part of the game is played with 4 and part with 5 characters.....

:p :p :p :p

Thar are FOUR smileys. Number 5 will join later.

17. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

I just found out that running a party with 6 People slows my comp down to a crawl. I need a good idea for a 1/2/3 Person party. I was considering a Mage/Thief, Fighter/Cleric, Archer
    So, i need ideas!
    Or Maybe Ranger/Cleric and Fighter/Druid and Mage/Thief. I don't like Fighter/Thieves - HP prob there

[This message has been edited by LordNocturne (edited October 09, 2001).]

18. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Running a party of six shouldn't slow your computer down as much as highly intensive graphics will, at least in my experience. Try adjusting your Options settings.

19. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Good point, i'll fix the settings. But still, i want a 3 person party :)

20. Play the game as you normally would, but with one major difference: delete all your auto-saves, and never save even if you really have to. In other words, if you really screwed up bad, or died, you don't get another chance (unless you started over again).
    Hmmm . . . That really makes me think. No taking on any incredibly hard characters unless you're sure you can beat 'em. You'd be sure not to piss off Mae'var or attack Bloodscalp.

SPOILER

And if you die on in Hell, well . ., that's just sorry :evil:.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.