1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need Help for Mazzy & Danno Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by hamstermagus, Nov 25, 2005.

1. hamstermagus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with Danno appearing for his quest for Mazzy. I read that you have to wait for him to appear real time and not game time for this to occur. I've had Mazzy for quite a while already and Danno still hasn't appeared.
    I'm already at chapter 7 and about to fight Irenicus and I don't want to get sucked into Hell without completing the quest.

I've tried using the create creature cheat in hopes of having the quest happen. But all it does is Danno appear and he constantly tries to chat with Mazzy and says the same thing when you meet him in her home. I tried also using the SetGlobal cheat similar to make Terminsel appear for Jaheira's final romance sequence but nothing happens.

Is there code where I make Danno appear with the quest? If anyone knows, please send it to me. Many thanks in advance.

[ November 25, 2005, 11:32: Message edited by: hamstermagus ]

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just checking...

Did she have her fight at the Copper Coronet?
    I think that comes first. :confused: :hmm:

3. hamstermagus Gems: 1/31

Yup. I'm done with her fight with Gorf at the Copper Coronet. It's one of the first things I did after I completed the Temple Ruins. I kept her for a few more quests until I removed her to gain another npc. I got her again after my trip to the Underdark and I haven't removed her since.

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

More general advice:

You may have to rest at an outside wilderness area for certain people to show up. I found this to be true with the romances a lot. Underdark and towns (like Trademeet) don't count.

Good Luck.

5. hamstermagus Gems: 1/31

Thanks Aces.

Though it doesn't say in any of the walkthroughs I've read that I need to rest outdoors for it to happen I'll rest just to be sure. I'm crossing my fingers.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If you've removed Mazzy from the party, her quest timer resets and starts again. I don't think you need to be in any special area. I got the messenger while in the Slums of Athkatla. Maybe 10 game days or so from when she's accepted in the party; I don't know an exact number.

7. hamstermagus Gems: 1/31

Hi kuemper.

I tried to advance to game time to 20 plus days by resting and using the cheat keys to advance time but Danno still won't appear. It seems that the timer is based on real time and not game time.

I was checking out my save games using the Shadowkeeper editor and I noticed that there was a SpawnDannoTimer global variable set at 8505790. I tried manipulating the value using the cheat codes in hopes of making Danno appear but failed.

I don't really like using cheats or editors since it spoils the fun. But just for this instance I just want to get this quest over with. If you still have your save games and Shadowkeeper please tell me what was your value of the SpawnDannoTimer global variable after Danno appears. I'll try to change it to that and maybe it might work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.