1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

need help on some icewind dale game system

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Niefun, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Niefun Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] well..i'm still very green on AD&D rpg system. Here is some of the problem i encounter..i didnt how how to make fully use of my theive class people..i have a halflings in a fighter-theif dual-class and i cant seem to use his stealth abiliy. Everytime i click it,it seems like nothing special happen. And how to use its lockpicking ability too btw. Something bother me is what effect does a living form has to do with its class?like for elven, i know their a good archer,how bout the other life form? and wat effect does the DAY and HOUR has in the game?

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A fighter/thief class creation must always use leather armor or less if you wish to use your thief skills. Using any other armor above that will simply grey out your abilities and if they are available to you, your minus modifications are very high to use any such thief ability. Armor restricts your thief from needing the agility and nimbleness that goes with using his skill.

A fighter/thief in chain mail armor isn't going to be very silent when hiding in shadows now is he? Chain mail makes noise.

Any coward can wield a bow and shoot it, but Elves are the better of the races since they gain a +1 while using them. Other classes won't get this benefit, but can still use a bow. Any fighter class can become a grandmaster in a bow and be better than any elf ever could, unless of course, that elf himself is a grandmaster fighter with a bow ;)

Day and Night mean nothing and is simple cosmetics to the game.

Sylvus

3. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] acctualy, only 3 points can be spent on a bow or Xbow allowing an archer to only reach 'Master' (at least according to the manual), which is still darn good if you are using an Elf( or any race for that matter).

as for day/night, it is alot easier for a thief to hide in shadows @ night than it is during the day. although in IWD you dont spend too much time outside.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.