1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need help with crashing (mods installed)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by darkis, Sep 15, 2004.

1. darkis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hi

i have BG2:SoA+ToB also all big mods installed with Big Picture (installed the way BP manual tells)and Check the Bodies mod (installed after BP)

game works fine except i can't enter "bridge district". any time i try to get there game crashes kicking me back to windows

if anyone knows what could be done pls tell me

i think it may help if i restore original files for "bridge district" area so if anyone knows which files i need to replace post pls.

info on my PC: P4 2.4GHz HTT, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600Pro, Seagate 160GB serial ATA

if any other info is needed tell me and i post it

Thanks for your time and help.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you have the ToB official patch and Baldurdash's fixpack installed?

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

The ToB patch is required for BP. If that's not installed it won't work properly, but that's mentioned in the install instructions.

Baldurdash won't work with BP. If that's installed, then problems will be encountered.

4. darkis Gems: 1/31

yes, i have both patches installed

everything done the way manual/readme files suggested

i found on ironworks forums that somebody else already had this problem(post made 3years ago i think), unfortunately there are no replies to it

=====================

just reinstalled everything fresh without Baldurdash Fixpack, nothing changed, still can't enter bridge district

any other suggestions?

[ September 15, 2004, 20:47: Message edited by: darkis ]

5. Emmanuel Julius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Have you tried teleporting to the Bridge District using the command console?

i.e CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0500")

6. darkis Gems: 1/31

just tried teleporting, crashing as entering usual way
    it crashes when loading bridge district area so i guess smth must be wrong with area map, etc.

================

but thanks, you helped me telling AreaID
    i removed files AR0500.ARE and AR0500.BCS from ovveride directory and it works, i can enter brigde district now. Me happy. Thanks again.

7. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Alright! Glad to see you found a solution for this.

Now: one thing to be aware of... it's possible that some 'people' from the mod, who should appear in the district, will not appear (since you have replaced the area-map). In this case you may have to use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("") to summon the person. You may want to consult a walkthrough if you think anything may be missing in that ARea.

8. darkis Gems: 1/31

some other areas are crashing too, so far:

bridge district
    umar cave
    trademeet
    some other (can't recall now)

all the time i just remove those areas from override directory
    removed so far:
    AR0500
    AR1106
    AR1200
    AR1900
    AR2000

when i met Kivan in Umar hills i took him to my party, he said he need to free some girl which was held captive in Umar cave
    Umar cave was crashing, removed files, entered, couldn't find anybody to rescue, but Kivan said nothing
    he is travelling with me and not complaining

mods are very nice addon but a lot of bugs

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.