1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Needed to replace Khalid, had to kill him

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DragonSlayer21, Jun 11, 2001.

1. I wanted that Paladin guy you meet in the place where all the ankhegs are, but then I needed one open spot and the only one I really wanted to get rid of was Khalid. Only problem was that when I kicked him off the team jaheira left too. So I stripped him of all his equipment and sent him into solo combat with five ankhegs.
    Now I feel kind of guilty for the way I handled it.... :(
    Is there any other way to get rid of Khalid without losing Jaheira too.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

No, the two (who will mary soon) cannot be seperated. You can replace Jaheira for Branwen, (a cleric) however Khalid and Jaheira are much better then Branwen and that Paladin......... Why do you wanna get rid of Khalid?

3. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] To get rid of Khalid without killing him:
    Walk Khalid ONLY into a house that you won't return to. CLOSE THE DOOR!!!(from the outside). Reform Party. Now, since Khalid cannot reach your PC, he cannot say his farewell speech, and so Jaheira won't leave! :)

4. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You don't need a house at all. It works also if you move him away so far that he is "out of reach".

5. I wanna get rid of khalid cause I can't stand his constant studdering, and I don't think he is that good actually...

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

What does one want neutral fellows for (Jaheira and Branwen)? Yeslick is the best!

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Mollusken ----> Duh. Where do you need Clerics/Druids for? For the healing-spells of course, that's the most important and that is why I use Jaheira instead of another fighter in the party, I need someone with healing spells. And the problem with duids is, they're always neutral. :)

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Cleric is the only choise then!

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

That's right, but where to you get good cleric in the beginning of the game? Maybe it's best to start for yourself als a cleric of fighter/cleric then.

10. Inferno of Balduran Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Why don't you just be a paladin.
    They have healing spells and you gain special ability healing spells later on anyway. I no longer use druids or clerics in my party because they suck. When in doubt just get healing potions or go to a temple!

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Paladin's alone aren't good for their healing. Healing spells are expensive, as are potions. When you get knocked up badly, the lay on hands ability doesn't exactly heal that much, especially at low levels which is when your going to get the most damage. And you dont get any priest spells untill BG2 (unless you have TotSC in which case I'm not sure). I would suggest a cleric, dualed at a fairly low level (2 or 3?) to a fighter. That would give you a few healing spells and the punch of a fighter. You could also try the ranger/cleric multiclass, but the only problem with that is that he/she/it levels up slowly.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited June 12, 2001).]

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed, however when you create a good Cleric in BG1, you don;t make the game to easy but you got a not bad fighter, a cleric with good warhammer or something like that can rock. And it isn't as easy as a super-fighter, and remember how harder the game is to play, the more funny the game is!

13. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Equip him well and place ALL of his proficiencies in large sword and you've got one heck of a fighter...Keep Khalid.

14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I agree that Khalid is (comparatively) excellent. I would keep him over Jaheira for example. There are not many other standard fighters around to choose from.

There are other clerics. Viconia and later Yeslick are both higher up on my want list than Branwen and Jaheira.

15. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

héhé, why isnt anyone mentioning Tiax? ;) :D

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Tiax rules all :D

Well you can get Tiax only when you're far in the game and then you can't decide for your own where to put proficies in and that sux.

17. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] hey what about command word die and sanctuary? command word puts them unconcious for 2 rounds, and sanctuary gives the same effect as an undetectable invisability and 100% magic resistance :) personally that makes a great fighter support put the guy unconsious and beat him sensless

[This message has been edited by [sOv]Storm (edited July 08, 2001).]

18. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

In my opinion, Khalid is actually really good, and I kicked Jaheira out. I put all his proficiency points into bow, and he's almost as good as Kivan. Most of my combat strategy involves everyone except for me as long-range fighters, while I go in melee. Khalid is way better than Minsc or Ajantis.

19. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I had khalid killed irrevicably (I didn't do this perpously) When I met Yeslick he replaced Jaheira. I also use Branwin for a cleric.

20. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Kill Khalid. Keep him dead. His NPC voice packs are annoying, he's a coward and as a fighter he doesn't cut it, in fact his strength's so low that he doesn't even fit being a pack horse for the party. Trust me, get a replacement and console Jaheira for her loss ;).
    Minsc and Boo stand ready to help you anyway they can. Then you just have to get shot of Dynaheir...hehehe ;).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.