1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New game, new party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Deathmaster, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

After completing the game with a solo fighter/mage/thief, i would have to say it is definitely one of the best classes in the game.

now i am going to take the challenge of creating my whole party in multiplayer.
    Here are some parties i thought of, but don't know which one to use.

Here they are:

1.all multiclasses
    F/m/t
    f/t
    r/c
    m/t
    c/m
    f/m

Monk
    Archer
    sorcerer
    ranger/cleric
    F/m/t
    Swashbuckler(later dualled to a mage)

I don't know which one too use, and powergaming views are welcome, aswell as which party you think is more fun will help also.

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I like the all mutli-classes idea, but here is my modification of it (sorry I am more heavy on clerics than thieves or mages)

Ranger/Cleric
    Fighter/Druid
    Fighter/Thief
    Mage/Cleric
    Fighter/Mage
    Fighter/Cleric

The difficulty lies in that you have a slow leveling up process for everyone. On the other hand, you can deal and heal, with the perks of a theif and magic. Prepare to be using every good blunt weapon in the game :grin: and less of the over-rated "swords" :p.

3. Lord Sarevok Guest

How about this?

Inquisitor
    Archer
    Assassin
    Sorcerer
    Mage/Cleric
    Ranger/Cleric

:) I just made that up off the top of my head, but I think it could work. I don't like having too many multiclasses, single classes are very strong too.

Ranger/Cleric is the ultimate tank, with holy power, draw upon holy might, iron skins, ect. I would use him mainly for healing and buffing up spells like bless, but also give him some of the druid spells the the mage/cleric doesn't have acess to.

Mage/Cleric would be the back up mage and offensive cleric spells.

Sorcerer would be the primary mage, and the Mage/Cleric could cast anything he couldn't...

Assassin is for all of those great theiving abilities, and can take out unprotected mages easily. When not backstabbing he would be using the bow.

Archer would be ranged weapon expert of course :). I prefer a human archer skilled in Crossbows, but that's just me :). He could also scout ahead of the party. You could take a Stalker here instead of you want another frontliner.

Inquisitor is the best Paladin class IMO, his immunities to charm and hold give him a very low chance of being taken out of combat magically and he can dispell almost anything. This frees up the two mages quite a bit. He would be the second tank in the game, I would give him a Sword and a Shield cause I don't like carsomyr(it's overpowered, at least for this game).

Any suggestions or revisions?

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My suggestion would be:

• gnomish illusionist-thief (very capable, versatile and flexible class, yet a bit vulnerable)
    • cavalier (IMO the remove fear is more useful than the cavaliers true sight and dispell magic; my cavalier is of course halfling)
    • archer (the ultimate support char for a cavalier - both form an unbeatable team; he's most certainly halfling too; had an even better kill ratio than my cavalier)
    • fighter-cleric (dwarven; con-19 and great saving throws) or a halfelven mc ranger-cleric for healing, bless, chaotic commands and undead-fighting; pretty good ranged and melee punch too)

that's my current party so far and I'm completely happy with it - you can beat all fights in BG-2 SoA easily even with 4 chars - and my four shorties are a pretty powerful bunch

if you like more chars you could take:
    • a sorcerer or Edwin (really funny char, excellent mage and perfect companion for an illusionist-thief) as primary spellcaster (... )
    • stalker for scouting and backstabbing - though the mage-thief and archer - at least for the scouting - can do that too ... alternatively another tank - maybe Sarevok or Mazzy.

IMO 6 chars are almost too much for the game - especially when they are spellcasters - i rarely found myself using up all my mage and cleric spells completely - even with a 4 person party ...

[EDIT: made a little UBB experiment :roll: :spin: - thanks for the link Xenecor :) ;) ]

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited February 04, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  5. BBop Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How do you Create All of your chrcters in MultiPlayer... I cant figure it out.

6. cirian16 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

if i created a party it would probably go like this:

Inquisitor-equip him with the holy avenger and he is a force to be reckoned with,he is the best dispeller hands down pretty helpfull sometimes.
    Kensai(duelled to mage at lvl 12 or so)-pretty decent when hes duel weilding and if you give him the robe of venca(im pretty sure he can wear it....yeah)then the no armor thing doesnt become a problem.
    Sorcerer-you gotta love them.Edwin would do nicly even as a mage with his bonus spells though.
    Theif(duelled to cleric at about the level Imoen duelled....you dont really need 200 in lockpicking)-you need a theif a cleric is a must.
    Fighter/Druid-I like Jaheira she is pretty usefull.
    Ranger-minsc is a must have...with minsc is Boo!With Boo is power!

That's just my opinion but its a decent group but i prefer a mostly npc group with me(a sorcerer)then Aerie,Minsc,Imoen,Mazzy(up untill saverok)and keldorn.I have a few other combinations but I talk to much.

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Bbop : i assume you already know how to create a multi-player game, else these are the steps :
    1. choose multi-player.
    2. choose connect.
    3. choose create game.
    4. enter player name, and password.
    5. choose new game. (this will bring to character creation).

to create character and have control over them. choose create character and make your character just like in single-player mode. remember to activate the control by clicking on the "check box". each active or hi-lighted "check-box" means you have control over the character. btw, your user name should be on top of the character, otherwise you can't contol it. hope that helps.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.